Trying to figure out where the baking soda is in the grocery store? We'll show you which aisles you'll find it in...
We'll also tell you which stores carry it...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Baking Soda In?
You'll spot baking soda somewhere in the baking aisle. Start by the flours first. If you don't see it there, check by the spices. If you see baking powder, you're in the right place.
Supermarkets may also keep baking soda in the cleaning aisles. Just make sure that if you're buying baking soda for eating, you're getting it from the baking aisle and not the cleaning section.
You may also come across bulk baking soda. This is less common, but there are some specific grocery stores that are known to offer it in the bulk area.
Still not finding it? Check one of the stores below...
For more shopping tips, here is a related article: Where Are Water Chestnuts in the Grocery Store?
What Stores Sell Baking Soda?
- Amazon - Sometimes Amazon is just the most convenient place to grocery shop. You can buy anything from odor absorber products to baking soda in gallon tubs.
- Walmart - There are lots of options at Walmart. Look for Arm & Hammer or Hospitality Pure Baking Soda in the baking aisle. If you're looking for a different brand or product, use the online store locator for availability information.
- Your Local Health Food Store - Looking for an alternative brand? Try your local health food store.
- Whole Foods - Whole Foods offers 365 Everyday Value Baking Soda in the baking aisle, but you can also get bulk baking soda here.
- Safeway - You'll see Arm & Hammer, Bob's Red Mill and Signature Select baking sodas at Safeway supermarkets.
- Trader Joe's - If you shop at Trader Joe's, look for the store brand.
- Kroger - Kroger sells its own brand of baking soda.
- Publix - At Publix, you can buy Arm & Hammer baking soda products.
- Target - Check Target's baking aisle for Arm & Hammer and Sanvall.
Related Article: Where Do You Find Clove Oil in the Grocery Store?
Great Ways to Use Baking Soda
Bake with It
So what kinds of baked goods can you make with baking soda? Vegan cakes, muffins, quick breads, pizza crusts and more. It'll make breads rise quickly and desserts nice and fluffy.
You Might Also Like: Where Is Agave Nectar in the Grocery Store?
Make Air Fresheners with It
Besides baking soda, all you need for a simple, homemade air freshener is a fragrant essential oil. You can also leave an opened box of baking soda tucked in the back of your fridge to get rid of lingering odors.
You Might Also Like: Where Is Almond Butter in the Grocery Store?
Clean the Oven with It
Is it time to do a deep clean of the oven? Make it easier with baking soda and vinegar. This trick will work just as well, if not better, than any store-bought oven cleaner.