Wondering where you can find arrowroot powder in the grocery store? We’ll show you which aisles to check…
We’ll also tell you which stores are most likely to carry it…
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Arrowroot powder In?
You can usually find arrowroot powder or starch in the baking aisle. If it’s not right by the cornstarch, look near the flours.
Next, check the gluten-free area. If your grocery store has a natural food aisle, you may also find arrowroot there.
The last place to check is the spice aisle. But if you’re struggling to find arrowroot, try one of the stores below…
For more shopping tips, here is a related article: Where Are Water Chestnuts in the Grocery Store?
What Stores Sell Arrowroot?
- Amazon – You’ll find arrowroot quickly and easily on Amazon. You’ll also see a wide variety of prices, but generally, bulk items are the cheapest.
- Walmart – Walmart sells arrowroot powder from Hoosier Hill Farm and McCormick in the spice aisle. If you’re searching for another brand, check the store locator on the company website.
- Whole Foods – At Whole Foods you can get arrowroot in bulk and in the baking aisle.
- Your Local Health Food Store – Look for bulk or packaged arrowroot in any independent health food store.
- Safeway – Safeway stocks Bob’s Red Mill, Spicely and McCormick in the baking and spice aisles.
- Kroger – Kroger also keeps arrowroot in the baking and spice sections of the store.
- Publix – Check the baking area at Publix for arrowroot.
- Asian Markets – You’ll probably spot arrowroot at most Asian markets near you.
Related Article: Where Do You Find Clove Oil in the Grocery Store?
Great Ways to Use Arrowroot
Use It as a Thickener
If you’re looking for a cornstarch alternative, sauces and desserts of all kinds can be thickened with arrowroot. It works exactly the same way and can be substituted for cornstarch at a one-to-one ratio.
You Might Also Like: Where Is Almond Butter in the Grocery Store?
Bake with It
For the most part, you’ll see more gluten-free baked goods than gluten-containing ones with arrowroot. But if you enjoy the texture, you can also mix it into any wheat-based baked goods like breads and muffins.
Make Natural Deodorant
Do you get tired of buying expensive natural deodorants? Just make your own with coconut oil, baking soda and arrowroot. It’s that easy!
Also Read: Where Is Baking Soda in the Grocery Store?
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!