Trying to figure out where to find arugula in the grocery store? Here are the aisles you should be checking...
We'll also tell you which stores carry it...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Arugula In?
You should see arugula in the produce area of the grocery store. Most likely, you'll find it in a plastic bag or clamshell container around the spring mix and spinach.
Check around any special displays, too. You could spot local arugula in a featured section of the produce aisle.
But if you haven't been able to find it anywhere you've looked, try one of the stores below...
What Stores Sell Arugula?
- Walmart - Most Walmart stores stock arugula. Check the produce area by the boxed baby spinach.
- Whole Foods - You should have no trouble finding arugula at any Whole Foods store.
- Your Local Health Food Store - Independent health food stores often have arugula on a seasonal basis.
- Safeway - Safeway stores sell arugula in plastic clamshell containers.
- Trader Joe's - Trader Joe's usually sells arugula. Check by the lettuce, kale and other greens.
- Kroger - If you're near a Kroger, you can pick up arugula there.
- Publix - Publix supermarkets also carry arugula.
- Wegmans - You can buy arugula at any Wegmans, and sometimes you'll see local arugula there.
- Albertsons - Albertsons is known to sell arugula.
- Farmers Markets - It's common to see arugula at farmers markets, especially in the spring and fall.
Great Ways to Use Arugula
Add It to Pesto
Throw in some arugula the next time you're making vegan pesto. Depending on how much you use, your pesto will have a little bit of a bite and a crisp, refreshing flavor.
Put It on Pizza
If you want to make your vegan pizzas taste like you got them from a fancy restaurant with zero effort, put some arugula on top. The fresh, peppery leaves are delicious with any red or white pizza sauce and all your favorite toppings.
Use It in Salads
Naturally, arugula is perfect for salads. Its bold flavor will wake up your taste buds and blend well with pretty much any salad ingredient, but if you want a good contrast, try fruits like apples and figs.