Trying to figure out where to find olives in the grocery store? We'll show you which aisles you should be checking...
We'll also tell you which stores carry them...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Are Olives In?
Your first stop is probably the condiment aisle. For Kalamata, green or marinated olives, start looking by items like pickles, capers and artichoke hearts.
The next aisle to check is the canned vegetable aisle. You'll probably see canned black olives here if you didn't see them in the condiment area.
You can also check the international aisle. Look by Latin, Greek or Middle Eastern products for different varieties.
The deli area is another good place to check if you want to pick up marinated olives by the ounce. They should be in a station either by themselves or with salad and prepared foods.
Not finding them anywhere? One of the stores below is known to stock olives...
You Might Also Like: Where Are Grits in the Grocery Store?
What Stores Sell Olives?
- Amazon - For easy shopping, look on Amazon for any type of olive, including Kalamata and canned black olives. You can also shop for bulk olives, which should be cheaper.
- Walmart - Walmart sells olives from its Great Value brand as well as Mezzetta and Lindsay Naturals, which are all in the condiment aisle.
- Whole Foods - If you're at a Whole Foods that sells prepared foods made on-site, look for an olive station. You can also get 365 brand olives in the aisle with pickled products.
- Safeway - Safeway sells black, green and Kalamata olives in the pickled goods section of the store.
- Trader Joe's - Trader Joe's offers store brand marinated olives, which you should be able to pick up in any location.
- Target - Target has Spanish olives, black olives, stuffed olives and lots of different varieties from Market Pantry and other brands in the canned food aisle.
- Kroger - Look for Goya, Mario, Peloponnese, Krinos and other brands in both the international and pickled goods aisles.
- Publix - Near a Publix? Stop in for any kind of olive you need in the section with pickled products.
- Ethnic Markets - Greek and Latin markets frequently sell olives.
For more shopping tips, check out this related article: Where Are Capers in the Grocery Store?
Great Ways to Use Olives
Make Olive Tapenade
Tapenade is one of those dips to go super quickly at a party. It's incredibly easy to make and doesn't require any ingredients you can't find locally. It's a killer dip, but it's also a fabulous sandwich spread.
Also Check Out: Where Are Pine Nuts in the Grocery Store?
Make Olive Bread
Need some olive bread to go with that tapenade? Olive breads are popular because they're just so tasty with that salty, briny umami flavor. Use any kind of olive you like best.
Add Them to Pasta
Like capers, olives add something special to pasta dishes, and they're really versatile as they complement so many different ingredients and flavors. You can also use olives in rice dishes and salads for a little wow factor in your meal.
Also read this related article: Where Are Raisins in the Grocery Store?