Crafting tantalizing recipes at home is incredibly rewarding. There’s nothing quite like when you pull something you’ve baked out of the oven, or the smell of a delicately simmering soup.
It’s no surprise that many become at-home cooking experts – or home chefs. Some even go on to compete in cooking or baking competitions.
If you’re interested in taking your cooking at home up a notch, you’ll need a blender that can keep up with you. Luckily, we’ve created a list of the best blenders for home chefs here for your convenience.
So let’s take a closer look at the options.
Best Blenders for Home Chefs
One thing Ninja especially excels at is making blenders that are powerful and flexible. The Mega Kitchen System is one such example of these traits.
That’s because it’s not only a blender – it’s also a food processor. The blender and food processor attachments open up a whole world of possibilities in your kitchen.
Dough, batter, smoothies, frozen drinks, juices, and crushed ice are just a few of the things you could make with the Mega Kitchen System. It’s poised to become a star player in any chef’s home kitchen.
Not sure where to begin? No worries – the Mega Kitchen System comes packaged with a guide that includes 30 different recipes.
This setup will give you a much-needed boost into the world of cooking.
- Comes with blending and food processor containers.
- Powerful 1500-watt motor with 2 horsepower.
- Able to make big batches for your recipes.
- You’ll get two 16-ounce cups for beverages.
- Includes a 30-recipe guide.
- Food processor, pitcher, and cups are all BPA-free and dishwasher-friendly.
- Has a built-in pouring spout on the pitcher.
- A few users have said that it’s noisy.
If you’re looking for a blender that can be like a little countertop assistant, the Ninja Foodi might just fit the bill. The number of blend settings this one has is astonishing.
You’ll be able to make smoothies, frozen drinks, soups, ice cream, and sauce with the Foodi. Additionally, it can sauté and heat your food.
Not many imagine that a blender can produce a hot and soothing soup – but this one certainly can.
In addition, it has a strong 1400-watt motor. Combined with its vertical blade, this blender can chop through pretty much anything you need it to.
- Twelve different blend settings.
- Powerful motor.
- Large glass pitcher for making batches.
- The pitcher’s glass is non-stick, so you can easily pour out mixtures.
- Built-in spout for non-messy pouring.
- Doesn’t come with single-serve cups.
- Can’t be immersed in water for washing because of the heating component.
This blender is a prime example of one that just won’t quit. Like most other Vitamix models, the 5200 is simply built to keep going for years.
There are quite a few reasons why it’s so reliable. For instance, it has blades made from hardened stainless steel that are sturdy and consistent.
To protect itself from the strain of heavy use, the 5200 has a cooling system built into it. That means you can really put pressure on this one, because it can take care of itself.
Another neat feature is its heating. Because its blades move so fast, it’s capable of generating heat that you can use to warm beverages and soups inside it.
And when you’re finished cooking for the day, you’ll have one less part of your kitchen to clean. Just toss in a bit of water and a drop of dish soap, then run the Vitamix for about a minute for a good self-clean.
- Large jar for making multiple servings at once.
- Hardened stainless steel blades.
- Can heat up your recipes.
- Includes a tamper so you can make sure all ingredients are blended.
- Angled sides on the container push ingredients into the blades naturally.
- Can be pricey.
- Some have noted that it’s noisy at higher speed settings.
Blendtec is another trusted name in the world of blenders. High quality and durability are just two of the things you can safely and rightfully demand from the Total Classic Original Blender.
Consider its blades, for example. Unlike many other blenders, the blades in this one are 80% thicker than the average.
This means they can stand strong against the rigors of heavy use. Additionally, even though they’re thicker, they’re not dangerous to you, and you can safely touch them when necessary.
Another neat feature of this Blendtec is that it can also heat up your recipes. If you’re craving a nostalgic and comforting tomato soup, you’ll be able to mix the ingredients and warm it up all in one place.
You can even rapidly put together a dough or batter for a variety of tempting baked goods.
- Thicker blades that are strong and sturdy.
- Heating element to make warm soups or beverages.
- Six pre-programmed settings and 10 manual speed settings.
- Can make large batches.
- Container is BPA-free.
- Can be more expensive.
- Some customers have said it can be loud.
With a name like Chef, you can expect that this Ninja can be an MVP in the kitchen. And you’d be right.
For one thing, it has an incredibly powerful 1500-watt motor. With that kind of power, it would have no problem cutting through even your toughest ingredients.
There are additional reasons it’s called Chef, though. One other reason is the 10 Auto-IQ blend settings that make blending a hands-free experience.
There are settings for smoothies, soups, ice cream, purees, dips, dressing, flour, frozen drinks, and even nut butter. That’s a ton of options to choose from, and will cover a wide range of recipes.
But if you’re making something that’s not on that list, you can use the manual button to exercise complete control over the blend speed yourself.
- 1500-watt motor.
- 10 pre-programmed blend settings to use.
- Manual controls for personalized blending.
- Huge 72-ounce pitcher for making batches.
- Comes with a 50-recipe book.
- The pitcher is dishwasher-safe.
- A few customers have noted that this blender can be loud.
Worried a good blender is going to be noisy? You might want to look into Breville’s Fresh and Furious Blender.
The motor combined with the blade setup is created to slice through ingredients for a range of recipes in peace. It’s literally designed to run more quietly than the average blender.
Of course, just because it’s quieter doesn’t mean it’s any less powerful. Its blades are meticulously built from surgical-grade stainless steel that remains sharp for a long time.
To help you make recipes that are consistently good time after time, it has an LCD display with a timer. When you use any of the pre-programmed settings, the timer will count down to let you know when it’s ready.
But if you’re using the manual speed settings, the timer will count up instead. This will let you know exactly how long you blended for, so you can repeat the results in the future.
- Surgical-grade stainless steel blades.
- Comes with recipe cards for inspiration.
- Has a few pre-programmed settings for easy use.
- A built-in timer will allow you to keep track of the time for consistent results.
- Quieter operation.
- The ring on the lid guarantees the lid is always easy to remove.
- Can be expensive.
- Does not come with single-serving cups.
In case you’ve got a specific color scheme you want your appliances to adhere to, this KitchenAid blender could be a fantastic pick. It comes in a jaw-droppingly huge spectrum of colors.
It’s a dependable blender, too. The base is made entirely from metal, while the container’s BPA-free plastic resists shatters, scratches, and unsightly stains.
Clean-up isn’t a struggle, either. The container is dishwasher-safe, so you can just run it through your dishwasher when you’re finished with it.
- Huge pitcher for making batches.
- Base is made from dependable die-cast metal.
- The pitcher is BPA-free and resistant to wear and tear.
- Plenty of color options to choose from.
- Some customers have said the blender is heavy.
- At 550 watts, the motor isn’t as strong as in some other blenders.
Want a blender that can blast through pretty much anything you toss into it? This CleanBlend model is a strong contender.
This is largely because of its impressive 1800-watt and three horsepower motor. That’s unbelievably strong, which makes it a simple matter for this one to slice through your most difficult ingredients.
The motor isn’t the only thing that contributes to its power, though. This CleanBlend also had an eight-blade system that’s food-grade.
Because of its power, you can think of this one as a jack of all trades. It can make smoothies, juice, frozen alcoholic drinks, sauces, dressing, and salsas.
- Food-grade stainless steel blade system.
- Big BPA-free container.
- BPA-free tamper to push any stubborn foods into the blades.
- Pitcher has a spout for pouring.
- Doesn’t come with a single-serve cup.
- Some customers have said it’s noisy.
What To Consider When Choosing a Home Chef’s Blender
There are a few reasons why a home chef should focus on durability when they look for a potential blender.
For starters, blenders can be a real expenditure. Naturally, when you pay for something, you want it to last for as long as possible so you get your money’s worth.
But home chefs could put an especially large amount of pressure on their blenders. That’s because they’ll be cooking frequently and trying more recipes out.
Because you’ll be doing so much in the kitchen, look for a blender that won’t get left in the dust. Focus on the materials it’s made of, such as metal as opposed to plastic, or for special blades.
If you’re a home chef, cooking is one of your passions. You won’t want to make the same things over and over again, day in and day out with no variety.
They say variety is the spice of life for a reason, and you’ll want to make sure your blender can handle this spice. Ideally, your blender should be capable of assisting you in a ton of different recipes – not just the occasional smoothie or sauce.
When you’re doing a lot of cooking, there’s a good chance you’re not just doing it for yourself. You’ll probably want to share the results of your latest creation with friends, family, or even coworkers.
A blender with a small container can make batches difficult. You might have to blend multiple times in a row.
But a container with a greater capacity will give you the amount you need in one blend. That can save you time.
A blender doesn’t have to be an appliance that you use here and there. Quite the contrary – a trustworthy blender could become a home chef’s valuable sidekick.
There are tons of recipes you can make with a blender. The breadth of options is truly astounding.
The blenders we picked for this list are all picks that could help you create many different recipes. Our personal favorite here is the Ninja Mega Kitchen System.
We love how it comes with both blending and food processing attachments. This could easily make it indispensable in any kitchen, broadening the potential foods it could create.
Do you live in an apartment that doesn’t have a lot of space? Check out our list of the best blenders for apartments.