We all love when an appliance we invest in has more than one specific use. You get the most out of your purchase when you get to use it more often.
Similarly, a good blender isn’t restricted to one purpose, such as smoothies. A quality blender can be used for a whole host of purposes, becoming a key player in any kitchen.
We’ll show you what we feel are some of the best blenders for everything.
Best Blenders for Everything
There’s a lot to love with this versatile blender. To begin with, the Nutribullet Blender Combo has containers for both single-serve portions and for blending batches.
It comes with 64-ounce, 32-ounce, and 24-ounce containers, enabling you to blend as much as you need when you need it. Make a single smoothie for yourself, or a batch of soup for the whole family for dinner.
When you’re done using it, you can just pop the containers in the dishwasher for a quick and easy cleaning.
- The large container and smaller cups are made from safe BPA-free plastic you can drink from.
- A 64-ounce, 32-ounce, or 24-ounce container reduces waste by allowing you to make exactly as much as you need.
- It has three precision speeds so you can have control over the blend texture for anything.
- It’s adept at extracting nutrients, so you can expect anything you blend to be packed with nutrients, whether it’s fruits, nuts, seeds, or vegetables.
- Some customers say that this model is a little loud during use.
Looking for a blender that will help you achieve consistently delicious recipes each time? The Nutri Ninja Personal and Countertop Blender could be exactly what you need.
It has Auto-IQ technology that controls the timing of the blend for various recipes. Simply press the button for the type of food or drink you’re making, and let the Ninja handle the rest for you.
The options it has includes frozen drinks and smoothies, food puree, dough, blend, and ultra blend. But if those settings don’t fit what you want, you can still use low, medium, high, and pulse buttons to achieve specific customized results.
- You’ll be able to easily make large batches with a 72-ounce capacity.
- Auto-IQ technology makes blending perfectly smooth as simple as pressing a button.
- Comes with small, regular, and extra-large cups with lids so you can take smoothies on the road with you.
- This blender is great at crushing ice for frozen drinks or smoothies.
- It’s made from BPA-free plastic for safety.
- The Auto-IQ technology can be restrictive, in that it recognizes specific containers for the Ninja only.
- Some customers report that it’s a little noisy.
If what you want is one of the most flexible blenders possible, consider the Oster Pro 1200.
It has three pre-programmed settings for common blender recipes, including salsa, smoothies, and non-dairy milkshakes. Just choose the setting and the Oster will take it from there.
Its container is also made with safe and sleek glass, so you can let the dishwasher clean it for you. And if you want a smaller portion to take with you, the Oster Pro 1200 comes with a 24-ounce smoothie cup.
- If you’re uncertain how long to blend for, you can use the Oster’s three programmed settings for smoothies, salsa, or non-dairy milkshakes.
- The blades at the bottom are 3.5 inches wide, which lets your ingredients flow downward easily for blending.
- Aside from pre-programmed settings, there are seven different speed settings so you can get the perfect texture.
- Take any smoothie to-go with you using the 24-ounce smoothie cup.
- Customers have noted that it can be difficult to order or find replacement parts if you ever need them.
With the Hamilton Beach Power Elite, you’re getting more than just a blender. You’re also getting a vegetable chopper.
In addition to its generously sized 40-ounce glass jar, it has a 3-cup vegetable chopper. You can use it to save yourself a little time and hassle when it comes to chopping up veggies or even nuts.
On top of that, the Power Elite uses an innovative wave action blending system. It pulls the food down into the blender so the result is a velvety smooth blend.
- You could drink right out of the glass pitcher if you wanted to, because it’s BPA-free.
- Avoid annoying spills using the Power Elite’s drip-free spout.
- The Power Elite has built-in cord storage, making it easy to transport or tuck the blender away.
- Clean-up is simplified, as the chopping container is dishwasher-friendly.
- A few customers have noted that it doesn’t blend ice as well.
- It may not be as durable as some of the other blenders on this list.
Like its name implies, this is truly a classic blender. One especially great thing about it is the 80% thicker stainless steel blades.
The increased thickness promotes their longevity. It also leads to them being 10x stronger than the average blender blade, so you can expect silky blends time after time.
Additionally, you can make warm soups or drinks with the Blendtec Total Classic. That’s because it can heat foods and beverages through blade friction in six minutes or less.
- The 90-ounce jar with a 36-ounce blending capacity isn’t made with BPA, which means you can eat or drink from it worry-free.
- Enjoy hot soups and drinks with the Total Classic’s blade friction heat.
- With stainless steel blades that are 80% thicker, you can anticipate using this one for a long time.
- The blades are designed to be safe, so you can don’t need to worry about cutting or poking yourself on them.
- Food is pulled towards the blades due to the design of the jar, which translates to a creamier texture.
- Some owners have said that dough made in this blender is a little stiff.
Consistency is something you can rightfully expect from the Vitamix 5200. It has hardened stainless steel blades that are built to handle hard ingredients like frozen foods.
Plus, you can use this Vitamix to make a hot soup for lunch or dinner. Its blades spin fast enough to generate heat, and that heat can warm your food in about six minutes.
If you’re worried about the clean-up with this blender, don’t be. With just a drop of dish soap and some water poured in, it will clean itself.
- Cleaning the Vitamix 5200 is as easy as adding a little dish soap and water and blending the mixture for about 60 seconds.
- You can easily prepare a healthy soup for a lunch or dinner using the Vitamix’s blade friction in six minutes.
- You’ll get a tamper with the blender, so you can guarantee no chunks are left behind.
- For safety, it will turn itself off if it ever starts to overheat.
- Some have noted that food can stuck under the blades, and since it’s doesn’t disassemble easily, this can make cleaning a little trickier.
Features to Consider When Choosing an All-Purpose Blender
Obviously, one of the most important things about an all-purpose blender is that it can blend pretty much anything. When it comes to this aspect, it’s important to pay attention to descriptions of what the blender can handle.
Make sure the blender doesn’t say it’s specifically for smoothies, or anything similar.
Blend Texture Controls and Settings
If you’re going to blend a variety of things, from dips to soups, you’ll need more than a single speed setting. Potential blenders might come with convenient pre-programmed settings for popular uses, such as smoothies, but many also have manual settings.
These types of settings give you the power to experiment with the texture of the recipe. That way, you’ll have the tools to guarantee that each one is precisely as smooth as you need it to be.
Different types of foods or drinks call for different portions, especially if you’re not just using the blender for yourself. For instance, you may just want a single cup for a tasty breakfast smoothie, or you may want multiple servings for a party dip that all the guests will love.
To accommodate this wide range of uses, many blenders come with a few containers in different sizes. This makes it possible for you to make the amount you need when you need it.
Maintenance and Cleaning
Just about everyone’s least favorite part of any appliance is cleaning. You probably don’t want to have to spend large amounts of time washing and re-washing the hard-to-reach parts of your blender’s jar.
Some factors you can focus on here are whether you can disassemble the blender, which can make it easier to reach all parts of it. You can also look at whether or not the blender’s container is dishwasher-safe, so you don’t have to hand-wash it.
If you’re looking to add a blender that can handle just about anything to your kitchen, the blenders on this list will definitely be a tremendous asset for you. Cooking healthy meals or making tasty drinks from scratch will be simple.
Blenders are a commonplace appliance in any kitchen, but most people don’t use them for more than a few specific things. With the blenders on this list, you won’t have to spend money on something you keep tucked away the majority of the time.
But if we had to pick one blender from this list, we’d go with the Vitamix 5200. Vitamix is a trusted brand in blenders for a reason, and this one is truly impressive.
Its stainless steel blades are built to power through pretty much anything you could throw at it. And beyond cold recipes, you can even use it to make toasty and comforting soup.