Are you tired of all your smoothies having leafy pieces floating inside them? We’ve got some good news: we’ve searched and found some of the best blenders for leafy greens.
We compiled the best ones we could find in this guide. So if you’re looking for a blender that can handle leafy greens, read on, and we’ll show you our favorites.
Don’t have time to read? Here’s a quick summary of the products we recommend.
|NutriBullet High-Speed Blender/Mixer System||A+|
|Ninja Professional Countertop Blender||A+|
|Oster Pro 1200||A|
|Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender||A+|
Best Blenders for Leafy Greens
If you’re looking for something that can reduce pretty much everything to a velvety smooth smoothie, this Cleanblend is a good option to start with.
It has a vigorous 1800-watt motor and food-grade stainless steel blade system that can chop through anything. Smoothies, juice, soups, sauces, and dressings are just a few examples of the things this quality blender is capable of making.
Durability is another thing you can expect from this blender. Its stainless steel drive is made to keep going for a long time.
Plus, it comes with a BPA-free tamper. That helps you guarantee your blend will be chunk-free because you’ll be able to push any stray pieces down into the blades.
- Powerful motor.
- Food-grade stainless steel blades.
- Complimentary BPA-free tamper.
- Big container for multiple servings.
- The container is also made from safe BPA-free materials.
- It doesn’t come with single-serve cups.
- It doesn’t have any pre-programmed settings.
Related Article: Best Blenders for Celery Juice
NutriBullet High-Speed Blender/Mixer System
NutriBullet is perhaps best known for helping users make nutritious smoothies with all manner of ingredients. This one is a great illustration of that reputation.
It uses cyclonic action to extract the nutrients from your ingredients and break them down – even leafy greens. As it blends, your ingredients will move around in a vortex towards the blades.
It’s particularly wonderful for making a personal drink. Included with this blender are a couple of different cups you can drink out of once you’re finished blending.
And the cleaning isn’t a hassle, either. You can twist off the blades, just like opening a jar, and then put the containers in your dishwasher.
- It uses Cyclonic Action blending for getting nutrients out of your recipes.
- It comes with cups for transporting your drinks.
- Easy to clean.
- Containers and cups are constructed from BPA-free materials.
- It comes with a recipe book if you’re unsure where to start.
- Simple controls.
- The containers are smaller, so you can’t make large batches.
- Some customers noted that some food could get under the ring at the bottom, so you need to clean that piece thoroughly or check it.
You Might Also Like: Best Blenders for Everything (All Purpose)
Ninja Professional Countertop Blender
If you want a powerful and versatile blender, the Ninja Professional is a wise pick. One thing that makes it especially interesting is its blades.
Most blenders have blades that sit on the bottom of the jar. But in the Ninja Professional, those blades wrap around a column that goes up the center of the container.
Why does that matter? Well, it helps ensure a smoother blend because blades are going higher up into your pile of ingredients.
Additionally, it has an impressive 1100-watt base. This high degree of power and the blade design combined translates to smoothly pulverized leafy greens.
- Vertical blade design reaches all ingredients quickly.
- Containers and cups are both BPA-free and safe for dishwashers.
- It has a huge pitcher for making generous batches.
- It has a single-serve setting for when you want to make a little bit.
- A few customers have said the blades are susceptible to wearing down over time with heavy use.
- Some customers have reported the container sometimes leaks, but others haven’t had this problem.
Read Also: Best Blenders for Frozen Alcoholic Drinks
Oster Pro 1200
Now, this is a good-looking blender. The Oster Pro 1200 has a brushed nickel base and a glass jar with a timeless and polished appearance.
Of course, it can handle your leafy greens, too. That’s because of its 1200-watt base and its blade system, which is designed to be 50% larger than previous Oster models.
But there’s a hidden secret to this Oster, too: how its blades spin. Unlike other blenders with blades that go in one direction, the Pro 1200’s blades go forward and backward, letting ingredients drop down into them.
You’ll also get the bonus of a 24-ounce personal smoothie cup with this blender. That’s perfect for throwing a quick breakfast smoothie together in the morning before you dash out the door for the day.
- A big glass jar can hold up to 6 cups and resist thermal shock.
- Beautiful brushed nickel base.
- It comes with a to-go smoothie cup.
- Dual Direction Blade Technology helps guarantee no ingredients are left behind.
- The drive is made entirely from metal for increased durability.
- Some customers have said it can be hard to order replacement parts if you need them.
Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender
This blender is a fantastic pick if you want something high-end. There are so many design elements in this one that lead to it being an exceptionally reliable blender.
To begin with, it has blades that are 80% thicker than standard blender blades. The purpose of this design is twofold: it makes it easier for the blades to cut through anything, and it makes them more durable.
But their thickness isn’t the only neat thing about these blades. Because they’re blunt, they’re safe to touch and don’t depend on being sharp to pulverize – they rely on the motor’s power.
The way its container is shaped also contributes to dependable blending. The jars are shaped in such a way that your foods are pushed towards the blades to be crushed, so you won’t need to use a tamper to keep forcing ingredients down.
- A big jar can blend 32 ounces of wet or dry ingredients, serving up to 4 people.
- It increased blade thickness.
- Powerful 1560-watt motor.
- It has one-touch pre-programmed buttons for hands-free blending.
- Can heat ingredients for a hot soup or drink.
- It can be expensive.
- It does not automatically come with a single-serve cup.
Recommended Article: Best Blenders for Grinding Beans
What to Consider When You Buy a Blender for Leafy Greens
Many blenders tend to leave leafy pieces behind afterward. If you don’t mind it, that’s fine, but if you’re someone who wants to get your greens in without tasting them, you’ll want your blend to be as smooth as possible.
One way to guarantee this is to look for powerful blenders. There are a number of factors that contribute to how powerful one is, but the motor is perhaps the most important.
Look for motors with high watts or horsepower. These will have no problems blending through whatever ingredients you toss in, including your leafy greens.
The blade’s design is a second important aspect to determine. Some blenders are built with blades uniquely designed to pulverize, like thicker, wider, or vertical blades.
If leafy greens can get left behind in your smoothie, imagine how much can get left behind in your blender. Greens especially like to stick to the sides and blades.
That’s why it’s crucial to think about how you want to handle cleaning your blender. Those who don’t have the time or dislike cleaning should look into blenders with self-cleaning cycles or dishwasher-safe.
Further Reading: Best Blenders for Home Chefs
Our favorite blender on this list is the Ninja Professional Countertop Blender. The vertical blade column is great at reaching up into your ingredients, and many customers have reported that it chops through greens like spinach and kale without issue.
If you want a blender that can be used for the largest range of recipes, we’ve also got a guide to the best blenders for home chefs here.