Struggling to find pita bread in the grocery store? Here are the aisles you should be checking...
We'll also tell you which stores carry it...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Pita Bread In?
If you're near the deli or bakery area of the grocery store, check there first. You can often find pita bread by the wraps and freshly baked breads.
The next spot to check is the bread aisle. The pita bread might be closer to one of the ends of the aisle rather than in the middle.
The last place to check is the natural food aisle. But if you can't find it, you might have better luck in one of the stores below...
You Might Also Like: Where to Find Nori Sheets in the Grocery Store
What Stores Sell Pita Bread?
- Amazon - You have lots of options on Amazon, including whole wheat and gluten-free pita bread. If you find a deal on multiple packages, you can freeze them so that they'll last as long as you need them to.
- Walmart - Walmart carries Sam's Choice, Joseph's, New Yasmeen Bakery and other brands in the bread aisle.
- Whole Foods - Look for pita bread in the bakery and bread aisles at Whole Foods.
- Your Local Health Food Store - You should find pita bread at any health food store.
- Target - If you're shopping at Target, check the bread aisle for pita bread.
- Safeway - Look in the bakery area for pita bread at Safeway.
- Trader Joe's - You should be able to pick up store brand pita bread at Trader Joe's in the section with breads and muffins.
- Kroger - Kroger supermarkets keep pita bread in the bakery and bread aisles.
- Publix - Check for pita bread in the bakery at Publix stores.
- Ethnic Markets - Try Middle Eastern and Greek markets for pita bread.
Read Next: Where to Find Nutritional Yeast in the Grocery Store
Great Ways to Use Pita Bread
Make Pita Chips
There's something really satisfying about the crunch of baked pita chips. They're definitely not like potato or tortilla chips, and somehow they even feel a little healthy with hummus and veggies.
Related Article: Where to Find Oat Bran in the Grocery Store
Make Falafel Sandwiches
Pita bread is what you want for a delicious falafel sandwich. If you use pita pockets, you'll have a nice safeguard against runny tahini sauce or hummus.
See Also: Where to Find Okra in the Grocery Store
Use It for Pizza
This is a good time-saving trick when you're in the mood for pizza. It's also a fun idea for personal vegan pizzas and party appetizers, especially if you use mini pitas.
Here's a Related Article For You: Where to Find Old Bay Seasoning in the Grocery Store
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!