Trying to figure out where the ginger is in the grocery store? Here are the aisles you'll find it in...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Ginger In?
If you're looking for fresh ginger, check the produce aisle. It should be close to the garlic and onions or the herbs.
You can also look for ginger paste in the produce area. It'll be with blended herbs and spices in squeeze tubes, often somewhere around the lettuce.
For dried ginger, look in the spice aisle. Most grocery stores keep it in the spice racks, but if there's a bulk spice section, check there, too.
If you need minced ginger, you may be able to find it in the international aisle on the shelves with Asian products.
Not having any luck finding ginger? Check one of the stores listed below...
What Stores Sell Ginger?
- Amazon - Any type of ginger you need can be found on Amazon, from ginger root, to ground ginger, to squeeze ginger. Plus, you can compare products and get deals on bulk ginger.
- Walmart - Walmart sells Great Value Ground Ginger, fresh ginger and an assortment of ginger products. Check product availability online and in stores through the store locator.
- Your Local Health Food Store - There will be plenty of options at your local health food store. Most likely, you'll be able to get bulk ginger powder there, too.
- Whole Foods - Whole Foods sells fresh, ground and pickled ginger products.
- Target - If you're at Target, you can pick up Spice World Squeeze Ginger or the ground spice from Simple Balanced and Market Pantry.
- Trader Joe's - Trader Joe's has fresh and ground ginger from its store brand.
- Safeway - Safeway sells Lee Kum Kee Minced Ginger in the international aisle, ginger root in the produce section and various ground ginger brands in the spice aisle.
- Kroger - You'll see ginger paste, fresh ginger and ground ginger at Kroger.
- Publix - Publix has all the ginger essentials.
- Ethnic Markets - Check ethnic markets for the root and assorted ginger products.
- Asian Markets - Asian markets also typically offer ginger in various forms.
Great Ways to Use Ginger
Use It in Beverages
There's no limit to how many different drinks you can prepare with ginger. Make homemade, all-natural ginger ale, brew ginger tea or spice up your lemonade. If you like more of a bite, opt for fresh ginger, but if you like a mellow flavor, go for the dried kind.
Make Dessert with It
Where cookies are concerned, ginger is essential in that all-time favorite, the ginger snap. But try adding ginger to desserts like vegan lemon bars, apple pie, vegan ice cream and all kinds of treats.
Use It in Stir-Fries
Ginger is an important ingredient in many stir-fry recipes. It adds spice and a special sort of zest. You can also add ginger to sauteed veggies, marinades and sauces to kick up the flavor.