Trying to figure out where to find harissa paste in the grocery store? We'll show you which aisles to check...
We'll also tell you which stores are most likely to carry it...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Harissa paste In?
The easiest place to find harissa paste is probably going to be the international aisle. Check the shelves with Mediterranean, Middle Eastern or North African products.
If you're not finding it there, look in the aisle with hot sauces. This is usually the condiment aisle. Just make sure you're getting harissa paste (or "hot sauce") and not a different type of sauce made with harissa.
Not seeing it anywhere? One of the stores below carries harissa paste...
What Stores Sell Harissa paste?
- Amazon - Sometimes the easiest way to find something is to check Amazon. You'll find harissa paste as well as harissa seasoning to make your own.
- Walmart - You can get harissa paste at Walmart, too. To find out what's available online and in the store in your area, check the store locator on the company website.
- Whole Foods - Whole Foods carries Mina Harissa Moroccan Red Pepper Sauce, which is pretty comparable to the paste.
- Safeway - You can buy Mina Harissa or Olos Organic Harissa Paste in the aisles with condiments and spreads.
- Trader Joe's - If you shop at Trader Joe's, you can pick up the store brand of harissa paste.
- Kroger - Kroger has Mina Harissa in the condiment aisle.
- Publix - At Publix, you can get Mina Harissa or other types of chili paste.
- Wegmans - Wegmans keeps harissa in the international aisle.
- Ethnic Markets - North African and Middle Eastern markets are good places to check for harissa paste.
Great Ways to Use Harissa Paste
Add It to Main Meals
Just like hot sauce, harissa paste can be stirred into anything you're cooking up to give it a more robust flavor. Try it in vegan fried rice, falafel, tofu scramble and even in soup. If you're using tofu, remove the excess moisture by pressing it so it will be more flavorful. You can check out our top five picks for top 5 best tofu press if you're thinking of buying one.
Spice up Sauces with It
If you enjoy sauces with a kick, put a little harissa in them. You can do this with any sauce you like, including tomato sauce for pasta. Or try vegan mac and cheese with "cheesy" harissa sauce. It's a guaranteed winner at potlucks.
Roast Vegetables with It
Both harissa paste and seasoning are delicious with roasted vegetables. Toss the veggies with harissa before or after roasting. What kinds of vegetables go well? Potatoes, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, tomatoes...and pretty much everything!