If the store you're shopping in has a natural food aisle, check there next. You can often find ginger beers with all-natural sugars and ingredients in this area.
You can also look in the seltzer, cocktail mix and beer and wine aisles (some soft drinks used as cocktail mixers are kept in these locations for convenience).
A quick note about ginger beer—if you avoid honey, be sure to read the labels. Many natural ginger beers are sweetened with honey, but there are plenty sweetened with sugar.
The last stop is the grab-and-go drink cooler. But if you haven't been able to find ginger beer, try one of the stores listed below...
What Stores Sell Ginger Beer?
- Amazon - Any type of ginger beer you're looking for can probably be found on Amazon, including spicy, mild and all-natural varieties.
- Walmart - Walmart stocks ginger beer from brands like Barritt's and Q in the soda and beer and wine aisles. Check the store locator for product availability information in any Walmart store.
- Whole Foods - If you shop at Whole Foods, you can pick up Belvoir Fruit Farms, Fever-Tree and Q by the soft drinks and sparkling water.
- Your Local Health Food Store - If your local natural food store doesn't have ginger beer in the soda aisle, try the beverage cooler.
- Safeway - Headed to Safeway? Check the refrigerators and the aisles with cocktail mixes and sodas.
- Target - There's a wide selection of ginger beers at Target in the soda aisle. Look for Fentimans, Powell & Mahoney and plenty of other brands.
- Kroger - Look for ginger beer in the soda and beer aisles of Kroger stores.
- Publix - Publix keeps ginger beer in both the soft drink and alcoholic beverage aisles.
- CVS - CVS and other drugstores like Walgreens and Rite Aid may have ginger beer in the soft drink aisle.
- Ethnic Markets - If you're near a Caribbean or West African market, pop in and look for ginger beer on the shelves or in the refrigerated sections.
- Asian Markets - Sometimes Asian markets sell ginger beer.
Want to create fun new soda flavors? Mix ginger beer with your favorite fruit juices. You can get started with apple, orange or pineapple juice, but don't shy away from blends like carrot-apple. If you have a juicer, you can make it all from scratch, but it can be as simple as mixing store-bought ginger beer with any juice in your fridge.
See Also: Best Juicer Blender Combo Options