Searching everywhere in the grocery store for hemp seeds? We'll show you which aisles you'll find them in...
We'll also tell you which stores tend to carry them...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Are Hemp Seeds In?
Perhaps the best place to start looking for hemp seeds is in the aisle with nuts and seeds. If there's an organic section of the aisle, you might want to head there.
Look in the natural food aisle, too. Alternatively, you could check the gluten-free aisle. Either of these places could be where your grocery store is stocking them.
Next, check the baking and cereal aisles. It's likely that the hemp seeds be sitting near the flours in the baking area or with the granola and oatmeal in the cereal aisle.
The last place to check is the bulk aisle. But if you haven't found them anywhere, use our store guide below...
What Stores Sell Hemp Seeds?
- Amazon - Amazon is the place to go if you've been struggling to find hemp seeds in your area. Shop around and check out different vendors' products and prices.
- Walmart - You have several options at Walmart, including Badia, Navitas, Just Hemp Foods and Nutiva. If you're looking for a specific brand, use the store locator on Walmart's website.
- Your Local Health Food Store - Stop by your local natural food store for bulk hemp seeds. If you don't see them in bulk, you'll most likely find them prepackaged.
- Whole Foods - Pick up 365 Everyday Value, Manitoba Harvest or Bob's Red Mill hemp seeds in the nuts and seeds aisle of Whole Foods.
- Safeway - Safeway sells hemp seeds in either the cereal or dried fruits and nuts aisle.
- Trader Joe's - Usually, you can find Trader Joe's brand hemp seeds, though availability may vary with location.
- Target - If you're at Target, head to the baking and snack aisles for Bob's Red Mill and Sunfood hemp seeds.
- Kroger - Kroger carries Sunfood, Bob's Red Mill, Manitoba Harvest and Navitas.
- Publix - Look for the Publix brand GreenWise as well as other brands at any Publix supermarket.
- GNC - Near a GNC? Stop in for Navitas. You can check the store locator to find product availability information.
Great Ways to Use Hemp Seeds
Make Hemp Seed Hummus, Dips and Sauces
When blended, hemp seeds turn smooth and creamy, making them ideal for hummus, dips and sauces. Using hemp seeds this way can be as simple as adding them to your favorite hummus recipe, but don't forget to check out delicious spreads like vegan hemp pesto and even vegan cheese spreads.
Bake with Hemp Seeds
Hemp seed and chocolate chip cookies are just the beginning. Make vegan dessert bars, puddings, brownies and other tempting treats. And since hemp seeds are so nutritious, you can feel a little better about indulging.
Make Hemp Seed Milk and Other Beverages
Hemp seeds make vegan milk in minutes. You just need water and a blender. You can also grab hemp seeds for smoothies and vegan shakes for a nutrition boost and a rich texture.