Trying to figure out where to find buckwheat in the grocery store? Here are the aisles you should be checking...
We'll also tell you which stores typically carry it...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Buckwheat In?
Usually, you'll be able to find buckwheat in the rice and grains aisle. If there's a gluten-free section (or a separate gluten-free aisle), there's a good chance you'll see buckwheat there.
The next place to check is the breakfast aisle. Sometimes buckwheat is placed on shelves with hot cereals and pancake mixes. Alternatively, you can look in the baking aisle.
You may also have luck in the kosher section of the store. This is often in the international aisle. Lastly, check the bulk area.
Still having trouble finding it? Check out our store guide below...
You Might Also Like: Where to Find Bragg's Liquid Aminos in the Grocery Store
What Stores Sell Buckwheat?
- Amazon - You'll easily find buckwheat on Amazon. This is probably the best bet if there aren't many options near you.
- Walmart - Walmart carries buckwheat from Bob's Red Mill, Sadaf and other brands in the grains and rice aisle. If you're looking for a specific brand or product, check the online store locator.
- Whole Foods - Some Whole Foods stores may offer bulk buckwheat. If not, they'll definitely have brands like Bob's Red Mill, probably in the breakfast aisle.
- Your Local Health Food Store - You can pick up buckwheat and various buckwheat products at natural food stores (maybe even in bulk).
- Target - At Target? Look for Wolff's Kasha (toasted buckwheat) in the aisle with pasta and grains.
- Safeway - Safeway supermarkets stock buckwheat in the grains and rice aisles.
- Kroger - If you're near a Kroger store, look in the baking, rice and international aisles for buckwheat groats and kasha.
- Publix - Check the cereal and grain aisles at Publix for buckwheat products.
- Ethnic Markets - Eastern European markets are good places to spot buckwheat.
- Asian Markets - You can usually pop into your neighborhood Asian market for buckwheat products.
Related Article: Where to Find Broccoli Rabe in the Grocery Store
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!