Where is the cacao butter in the grocery store? We’ll help you find it quickly. Here are the aisles to check…
We’ll also tell you which stores it carries…
Table of Contents
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Cacao Butter In?
If you’re in a chain supermarket, you can probably skip right to the natural food aisle for cacao butter (or cocoa butter). It may be with the baking goods in the shelf-stable area or possibly in a cooler.
The second place to check is the baking aisle. If there’s an organic or natural section of this aisle, look there first.
Next, check the aisle with the oils. The cacao butter may be by coconut oil or with specialty oils.
Last but not least, look in the supplement aisle. Since cacao butter is often considered a superfood, many grocery stores will place it with other “superfoods” like açaí powder and green powder blends.
If you’re still having trouble locating the cacao butter, refer to our store guide below…
Related Article: Where to Find Broccoli Rabe in the Grocery Store
What Stores Sell Cacao Butter?
- Amazon – At Amazon, you can buy bulk cacao butter or just look around for the brands you want—many are sold here.
- Walmart – You can find products like Navitas Organic Cacao Butter at Walmart. The website store locator will show you what’s available in each location.
- Your Local Health Food Store – Harder-to-find items like cacao butter are often sold at independent natural food stores. Look in both the refrigerator and the shelf-stable aisles.
- Whole Foods – Whole Foods may stock cacao butter in either the baking aisle or the supplement department, but you should definitely find it there.
- Safeway – Safeway stores have cocoa butter moisturizer (not food-grade), but they may not have the kind you would eat. But you can ask an employee just in case.
- Kroger – If you’re near a Kroger, pick up Sunfood Raw Organic Cacao Butter or Navitas Organic Cacao Butter.
- Ethnic Markets – Ethnic markets may carry cacao butter, so stop in if you’re in the neighborhood.
Great Ways to Use Cacao Butter
Make Vegan White Chocolate
White chocolate is so easy to make vegan that many recipes for homemade white chocolate are incidentally plant-based. You need cacao butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Then you can make these decadent white chocolate peanut butter cups.
Make Vegan Lip Balm
You’ll feel like a DIY pro when you make your lip balms. Follow this recipe for vegan chai latte-flavored lip balm (yum), or invent your signature flavor with any food-grade essential oils of your choosing.
Also Check Out: Where to Find Buckwheat in the Grocery Store
Make Homemade Chocolate
Like white chocolate, dark chocolate is simple to make with cacao butter and a few other ingredients. Make your baking chocolate bars, chocolate bark with dried fruit and nuts, chocolate sauces—anything your vegan heart desires.
Related Article: Where to Find Bulgur in the Grocery Store
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!