Not sure where to find broccoli rabe in the grocery store? We'll show you which aisles to check...
We'll also tell you which stores are most likely to carry it...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Broccoli Rabe In?
For the most part, if your grocery store carries broccoli rabe (also called rapini), it will be in the produce area.
Check by the broccoli and greens like kale, spinach and chard first. If you don't see it there, look in any specialty produce displays.
Next, try in the frozen vegetable aisle. The very last place to check is the canned food aisle—some stores carry jarred broccoli rabe.
But if you haven't seen it in your area, use our store guide below...
Here's a Related Article For You: Where to Find Beet Juice in the Grocery Store
What Stores Sell Broccoli Rabe?
- Amazon - You can get preserved broccoli rabe on Amazon, though the fresh stuff may be harder to come by. It's worth looking from time to time as product availability changes.
- Whole Foods - Whole Foods has fresh broccoli rabe on a seasonal basis, but you can find it frozen, too.
- Your Local Health Food Store - Health food stores often stock seasonal fruits and vegetables, including broccoli rabe.
- Farmers Markets - If there's a farmers market near you, look for broccoli rabe in the cooler seasons.
- Safeway - Stop by Safeway for frozen and fresh broccoli rabe.
- Trader Joe's - Trader Joe's has been known to sell broccoli rabe in the produce area when it's in season.
- Kroger - Here's another store that sells fresh and frozen broccoli rabe.
- Publix - At a Publix? You should have luck in either the fresh or frozen produce aisle.
- Wegmans - Try the produce area at Wegmans supermarkets.
- Italian Markets - Any Italian market that sells fruits and vegetables is a good place to check.
- Asian Markets - Asian markets often have greens that are very similar to broccoli rabe.
Related Article: How to Freeze Broccoli
Great Ways to Use Broccoli Rabe
Have It with Pasta
Whether you're making pasta with traditional red sauce or a vegan version of spaghetti carbonara, add some broccoli rabe. This is one of the simplest methods of cooking with broccoli rabe without needing to change much on your dinner menu.
Also Check Out: Where to Find Bitters in the Grocery Store
Add It to Salads
If you enjoy getting creative with your salads, broccoli rabe can be next on the salad menu. Combine it with kale, spinach or dandelion greens for a balanced blend.
You Might Also Like: Where to Find Bragg's Liquid Aminos in the Grocery Store
Enjoy It as a Side Dish
Sauteing broccoli rabe with a little salt and pepper is all you really need to do to have a delicious side dish, but you may also want to try braising it in vegetable stock or with juicy tomatoes. Or try roasting it with squash, onions and a lemony dressing.