Searching for crystallized ginger in the grocery store? Here are the aisles you should be checking...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Crystallized Ginger In?
When you're shopping for crystallized ginger (sometimes called candied ginger), the first place to check is the aisle with dried fruit and nuts. They may be in or around the baking aisle. Look in the spice racks, too.
Next, check the snack aisle. Often, this is also the candy aisle. Crystallized ginger may be placed in either section.
You can also look in the bulk section and the international aisle. Look around the shelves with Latin and Asian products.
The last place to check is the produce area. If there's a selection of dried fruits around the produce, this may also be where the crystallized ginger is.
Not seeing it anywhere? Use our store guide below...
What Stores Sell Crystallized Ginger?
- Amazon - Many different options and brands are conveniently located right on Amazon. If you have plans to use a lot of it, you can bulk crystallized ginger at a lower price.
- Walmart - Stop by Walmart and head to the spice aisle for McCormick Organic Crystallized Ginger or the candy aisle for Reed's Crystallized Ginger.
- Your Local Health Food Store - Small natural food stores often have excellent bulk sections, which may include crystallized ginger. Otherwise, they should definitely have the packaged products.
- Whole Foods - Whole Foods stores typically offer bulk crystallized ginger as well as The Ginger People Uncrystallized Bare Ginger and Reed's Crystallized Ginger in the snack aisle.
- Safeway - Safeway carries Reed's and McCormick. You may also see bulk crystallized ginger (in plastic clamshell packages) in the produce area.
- Trader Joe's - If you shop at Trader Joe's, you can pick up store brand crystallized ginger.
- Kroger - Kroger supermarkets will have one or more brands like Reed's, Simple Truth and The Ginger People.
- Publix - Look for Badia, Hokan, McCormick, Reed's and plenty of other brands at Publix.
- Asian Markets - Many people have luck finding crystallized ginger in Asian markets.
Making sweet potato or pumpkin pie? Add some crystallized ginger for texture and a pop of flavor. You can also use crystallized ginger in apple pie or any kind of fruit pie for equally delicious results.
Love Potatoes? Check Out These Sweet Potato Fry Slicers...