Trying to figure out where they keep the chives in the grocery store? We'll show you which aisles to check...
We'll also tell you which stores carry them...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Are Chives In?
Fresh chives can be found in the produce area. There may be bunches of chives near the lettuces, but you may also see them in plastic containers with other packaged herbs.
There's a good chance that you'll find dried chives in the spice aisle. If your grocery store has a bulk section, you might be able to get them in bulk, too.
But if you haven't been able to find chives anywhere, check one of the stores listed below...
You Might Also Like: Where Is Vermouth in the Grocery Store?
What Stores Sell Chives?
- Amazon - You'll easily find dried chives on Amazon in standard spice jars or in bulk. You can also get chive plants, though these might be harder to come by. Generally, Amazon is ideal for bulk dried chives (and if you prefer online shopping).
- Walmart - Walmart sells fresh chives in the produce area and dried chives in the spice aisle. If you're looking for a specific brand or for organic chives, the store locator on Walmart's website will show you exact product availability in any store.
- Whole Foods - Look for fresh and dried chives at Whole Foods in the produce and spice aisles. You'll also be able to get them in bulk if the Whole Foods store you're in has a bulk spice section.
- Your Local Health Food Store - Here's another place you can likely get bulk dried chives.
- Safeway - If you're near a Safeway, you'll see fresh and dried chives. Look in the spice aisle for McCormick and Morton & Bassett.
- Target - If you don't see fresh chives at Target, look for Market Pantry and Simply Balanced dried chives in the spice section.
- Kroger - Kroger has plenty of options in the produce and spice aisles of the store.
- Publix - Publix sells fresh and dried chives from Badia, Spice Islands, McCormick and other brands.
- Asian Markets - Pop into the Asian market if you're looking for garlic chives.
Great Ways to Use Chives
Bake with Them
Thinking about making vegan biscuits? Chives will turn up the flavor and take them to a new level of culinary awesomeness. Use chives in savory scones, breads and any baked good you'd like to add a little oomph to. Try garlic chives if you like a more intense flavor.
Related Article: Where to Buy Crystallized Ginger in the Grocery Store
Flavor Vegan Cream Cheese with Them
Chives are classic ingredients in herbed cream cheeses. The easiest way to do it is to buy plain vegan cream cheese (like Tofutti) and add chopped or dried chives along with any other herbs and spices you enjoy. Tip: Use this idea for any type of herby dip or spread.
You Might Also Like: Where to Buy Currants in the Grocery Store
Season Soups with Them
Chives are ideal seasonings for creamy soups, but they're also perfectly suited to broth-based soups. They're also excellent in a wide variety of sauces and salad dressings.
Also Read: Where to Buy Dates in the Grocery Store
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!