From airports to what seems like every other city block, Starbucks is everywhere.It’s one of the most convenient places to grab a coffee and a snack, but for vegans, scanning the menu for the plant-based options isn’t necessarily easy.
That’s why we’re compiling a list of vegan Starbucks drinks and foodthat you can reference any time you need a caffeine fix and a little pick-me-up.If they’re not already vegan, we’ll show you how to order them so that they are.
- Brewed Coffee – You can have this black or with nondairy milk: Soy Milk, Coconut Milk or Almond Milk. Try either drip coffee or a Clover Brewed Coffee made fresh when you order it.
- Espresso – Like Brewed Coffee, enjoy this black or with nondairy milk.
- Espresso Macchiato – This is an espresso with a little steamed milk and foam on top, which you can order with plant milk.
- Caffè Misto – Half coffee, half steamed milk. If you order this, ask for one of the nondairy milk options instead of cow milk.
- Caffè Americano – An espresso beverage that’s similar to regular coffee. It’s a shot of espresso (usually a double shot) mixed with hot water, and it’s vegan.
- Caffè Latte – Order this frothed milk and espresso beverage with Soy Milk, Coconut Milk or Almond Milk. If you want to add a flavored syrup, check our list of vegan syrups below.
- Cappuccino – Order this with your choice of plant milk if you like a little more foam on top of a latte.
- Caffè Mocha – This latte with chocolate sauce is vegan if you ask for it with Soy Milk, Coconut Milk or Almond Milk and make sure to leave off the whipped cream.
- Caramel Macchiato – Not to be confused with the Caramel Cloud Macchiato, which contains egg. This is essentially a vanilla latte with Caramel Sauce on top, but you’ll need to skip the caramel sauce as it’s made with butter, milk and cream. Ask for it to be made with plant milk and a pump of vegan caramel syrup instead, and don’t forget to skip the whip.
- Latte Macchiato – If you order this with nondairy milk, this is a vegan latte made in reverse: espresso shots poured over the steamed milk.
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte – The Cinnamon Dolce Syrup in this latte is vegan, but the Cinnamon Dolce Topping is not. Hold the whip and the topping and ask for Soy, Almond or Coconut Milk.
- Flat White – At Starbucks, this is essentially a latte with ristretto shots (shots pulled with shorter timing than usual so that they’re sweeter) that you can get with nondairy milk.
- Vanilla Latte – Order with Soy, Coconut or Almond Milk.
- Vanilla Bean Coconutmilk Latte – Steamed Coconut Milk, a shot of espresso and vanilla bean powder, all vegan.
- Hot Tea – Herbal or black, you can get hot tea plain or with your choice of vegan milk.
- Chai Tea – The Chai Latte isn’t vegan, but the brewed Chai Tea is.
- Matcha Green Tea Latte – Get this steamed milk and green tea powder latte with nondairy milk.
- London Fog Tea Latte – With nondairy milk, this is a vegan tea latte with Earl Grey tea and Vanilla Syrup.
Read Next: Our 6 Favorite Cast Iron Teapots
Other Hot Drinks
- Steamed Apple Juice
- Hot Chocolate
- Cinnamon Dolce Crème
- Steamed Milk
- Iced Coffee
- Double Shot on Ice
- IcedCaffè Americano
- Iced Caffè Latte
- Iced Caffè Mocha
- Iced Caramel Macchiato
- Iced Latte Macchiato
- Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Iced Vanilla Latte
- Iced Vanilla Bean Coconutmilk Latte
- Iced Tea
- Shaken Iced Herbal Tea
- Shaken Iced Black Tea
- Shaken Iced Green Tea
- Shaken Iced White Tea
- Iced London Fog Tea Latte
- Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte
- Matcha Lemonade
- Shaken Iced Tea Lemonade
Other Cold Drinks
- Pink Drink– Strawberry Açaí Starbucks Refreshers Beverage plus Coconut Milk.
- Violet Drink– A vegan beverage of Very Berry Hibiscus Starbucks Refreshers Beverage with Coconut Milk.
- Frappuccino– The non-coffee Frappuccinos to order with plant milk and no whip include: Vanilla Bean Crème, Green Tea Crème and Strawberry Blended Crème.
- Toffee Nut
- Mocha Sauce
- Oatmeal– Try the Classic hot vegan cereal with whole grain oats, steel cut oats and water or the Hearty Blueberry with blueberries, nuts, seeds and agave syrup.
- Bagel – Sprouted Grain Vegan Bagel, Plain or Cinnamon Raisin with peanut butter, Justin’s Classic Almond Butter or Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter.
- Vegan Superberry Açaí– Breakfast Açaí bowl with fruit, granola, coconut and toasted pepitas.
- Lentils & Vegetable Protein Bowl with Brown Rice – A certified vegan lunch.
- Avocado Spread – This is basically guacamole that would be delicious on a bagel.
- Hippeas– Awesome vegan chickpeas snacks.
- Emmy’s Dark Cacao Macaroons– Vegan and gluten-free.
- Fruit Salad– Fresh fruit for a light snack.
- Nuts – Anything like just roasted or smoked almonds should be vegan-friendly.
Check out this vegan starter kit
*It should be noted that food options vary in different Starbucks locations, so be sure to ask if there is anything vegan that’s not otherwise advertised on the menu.
- Nutella Frappuccino – Ask for a vegan Mocha Frappuccino (as described above) with Hazelnut Syrup. No whip, of course.
- S’mores Frappuccino– Vegan and no-whip Vanilla Bean Crème Frappuccino with Marshmallow Syrup and Mocha Sauce.
- Rocky Road Frappuccino– Mocha Frappuccino with vegan milk, Marshmallow Syrup, Toffee Nut Syrup, Mocha Sauce and no whip.
- Cinnamon Roll Frappuccino– Veganfied Vanilla Bean Crème Frappuccino plus Cinnamon Dolce Syrup.
- French Vanilla Peach Frappuccino– Vegan Vanilla Bean Crème Frappuccino with added Hazelnut and Peach Syrups.
When in doubt, don’t forget to double check this official list
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!
Want to take all of the guess-work around going vegan?
Click here to check out the Vegan Starter Kit.