Trying to find the best blender for acai bowls?
You're in the right place.
We've compiled several different options that let you make delicious and nutrient-dense acai bowls right at home.
Let's check it out...
Overall Best Blender for Acai Bowl
Out of everything on this list, here's the one we recommend the most...
That’s right, it’s the The Vitamix 5200.
It's affordable for a Vitamix, has a 7-year warranty and can make acai bowls without breaking a sweat. The tamper will ensure that nothing in the blender ever gets stuck and you can make your frozen bowls as thick as your heart desires.
What Makes These Blenders Good for Acai Bowls?
- Powerful motors are able to chop through a myriad of ingredients without overheating
- Large enough container allows you to blend bowls for the whole family, while you still can easily blend a single bowl
- Stainless steel blades that can stand up to frozen ingredients and ice without slowing down or become chipped or damaged
- Some have Pre-programmed settings that make the blender easy to use and to control and to fine-tune your final texture of your acai bowl
- Durable enough to last for a long time so that you don’t have to worry about buying a new blender right away
- Quality bearings under the blender jar that will ensure that the powerful motor doesn’t damage the bearings
- Blades that connect correctly and easily to the base so that there is a strong power transfer and the blender is effective
Best Blender for Acai Bowl Options Reviewed
Vitamix has long been known for producing high-quality blenders that are fast and powerful and able to easily cut through anything that you want to blend or chop. This blender has a 64-ounce container that is large enough that you can easily make acai bowls for the entire family, but it is so easy to clean that you don’t need to worry about food getting stuck under the blades and drying. Thanks to the powerful motor, you will be able to easily blend food to the desired consistency, and the blender is incredibly fast and easy to clean by blending a bit of soapy water to remove any food left behind.
- Variable speed control allows to adjust the speed while the blender is operating
- The radial cooling fan keeps the blender from overheating
- Stainless steel blades can handle any tough ingredient
- The full 7-year warranty gives you peace of mind in case something is to happen with your blender
- There are some complaints that the lid doesn’t seal perfectly
- Some users found that the powerful motor heated up their acai bowl while it was blending
Blendtec Total Blender Classic
Built to professional standards, these blenders from Blendtec are durable enough to power through your acai bowls in the morning without any problems. They weigh around 7.5 pounds, which is just enough weight to keep them from moving around the countertop while they are in operation, and they fit easily under your cupboards, thanks to their smaller profile. Packed with control options, these blenders make it easy to get the perfect consistency each time you make an acai bowl.
Jamba Appliances 2.4hp Blender
With a max speed of 210 mph, it’s easy to see how this blender has become a favorite for blending acai bowls, as it can easily blend most items including nuts, frozen fruit, and large pieces of ice without any problems. The four pre-programmed settings allow you to easily set your blender to operate and then not worry about the quality of your acai bowl. If you want to adjust how smooth your acai bowl will be, then you will want to take advantage of the infinite speed dial, which will allow you to make adjustments to the blade speed in 10 different increments. This lets you choose between a bowl that is a little thicker or one that is a little bit finer, depending on your personal preference.
- Able to easily power through ingredients without slowing down or the motor overheating
- Included tamper makes it easy to push ingredients down towards the blades if necessary
- The massive jar is BPA free and large enough to hold acai bowls for the whole family
- There are reports of people struggling to lift the blender, as it weighs almost 11 pounds
Hamilton Beach 54220 Blender
This blender is a great choice if you want to make acai bowls at home but don’t have a huge budget for your new blender. The ice saber blades in this blender will allow you to easily cut through any ingredients that you want to include in your bowl, as they are specifically designed to handle frozen fruit as well as ice. Thanks to Hamilton Beach’s wave action system, the ingredients will funnel back toward the blades so that they are easily processed without you having to worry about tamping them down or stopping to stir your mixture.
- Easy to use without having to stop and mix the ingredients up by hand
- With 14 different speed settings, you can easily adjust the final texture of your acai bowl to meet your needs
- The sturdy lid easily fits snugly onto the container so that the liquid doesn’t splash out
- The thick glass container is strong enough to stand up to regular use without cracking or breaking
- There is a shorter warranty compared to other blenders
- Some users complain that the motor isn’t as strong as others on the market
- May have to use less frozen ingredients
Nutri Ninja Auto-IQ
If you like to eat your acai bowl on the go, then you’ll love that this powerful blender will blend your acai bowl right in the cup so that you can grab it on your way out the door. Thanks to the various automated blending programs, you will be able to customize your bowl to meet your needs and can rely on the timer and auto-stop to prevent your acai bowl from being over-blended. This time also ensures that the engine doesn’t overheat, so you don’t run into longevity problems with the blender.
- With three different cup sizes to choose from, you can easily select how much you want to blend or make enough to share
- The BPA-free cups have been designed to fit into a cup holder in the car
- Operates incredibly quickly, so you can blend your acai bowl in a hurry
- The blades extend up so that they are more efficient when blending
- Some users report that the blades are incredibly sharp, and it is easy to get cut when cleaning the blender
- There are complaints of the unit getting hot and then smoking when used to make multiple smoothies in a row
- Some reports state that the motor isn’t strong enough to handle ice and very hard frozen ingredients and that they need to thaw some before being blended
While this blender doesn’t have the fancy digital touchpad that so many blenders on the market do now, it is a kitchen workhorse that can easily create acai bowls without any problems with the motor or concerns over the durability of the blades. Thanks to the 1800 watt motor on this blender, you will be able to blend anything without problems. The ball bearings underneath the jar are made of stainless steel, which means that they will easily outlast any that are made of plastic. Thanks to the 6-blade configuration of this blender, you’ll spend much less time opening the lid and checking the condition of your acai bowl.
- Included tamper makes it easy to press down any ingredients that are having difficulty being blended
- Perfect for use on a daily basis without concern of burning out the motor
- Built with quality components to last
- The shape of the blender jar means that even a single serving acai bowl is blended without chunks
- There are some complaints that the lid doesn’t fit perfectly, which can cause the machine to leak
- Some reports claim that the motor and blender connection will come loose, resulting in a grinding noise and unreliable blender
Blendtec Designer Series Blender
This blender is perfect if you have a larger family that wants to share acai bowls together, as the extra sized jar will easily hold everything that you need it to. The multiple programmed settings mean that you can easily turn the blender on and then walk away, allowing it to power through your ingredients without you having to stay and make sure it is working. Packed with features, such as a sensor pad that controls the speed, a built-in shut down if the blender overheats, and a self-adjusting speed setting, it’s easy to create delicious acai bowls in this blender.
- The five-sided jar works to pull ingredients towards the blades
- LCD countdown timer lets you know when your acai bowl will be done
- 8-year comprehensive warranty is one of the best on the market
- Easy to clean with hot water and a bit of soap
- There are reports that the lid can be difficult to remove when you are done blending
- Some people have experienced leaking under the unit while it is being used