Searching everywhere in the grocery store for grape leaves? We'll show you exactly which aisles to check...
We'll also tell you which stores are most likely to carry them...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Are Grape Leaves In?
If you're looking for unstuffed grape leaves, the best place to start your search is in the international aisle. Check the shelves with Mediterranean or Greek products.
The next place to check is the deli area. Some stores offer grape leaves in the cold case with hummus and tabouli.
The last stops are the condiment and canned goods aisles. You may find canned or jarred grape leaves by the olives and pickled foods.
Having trouble finding them? We've listed several stores that typically stock grape leaves below...
What Stores Sell Grape Leaves?
- Amazon - One of your best sources of hard-to-find grocery items is Amazon. There are many different options and brands like Cortas and Krinos.
- Walmart - Walmart sells a number of brands, too. Use the online store locator to see what you can purchase online and in stores.
- Whole Foods - You should have success in the pickled goods section of Whole Foods. Look for Peloponnese and Divina.
- Your Local Health Food Store - It's always worth a stop at your local natural food store for specialty foods that aren't readily available in other grocery stores.
- Safeway - Safeway offers brands like Divina, Peloponnese, Reese and Krinos.
- Kroger - Check the pickled goods area of Kroger for grape leaves.
- Publix - If you're passing by a Publix, you can pick up Krinos, Yergat and Peloponnese.
- Wegmans - Wegmans stocks Krinos in the international aisle.
- Vons - If there's a Vons near you, look for Orlando California Grape Leaves in the canned section.
- Ethnic Markets - Greek and Mediterranean markets are likely to sell grape leaves.
Read Also: How Many Grape Leaves are in a Jar?
Great Ways to Use Grape Leaves
Make Labanese Dolmas
Dolmas are grape leaves stuffed with a wide variety of ingredients, but vegan options generally include rice and veggies. They make crave-worthy lunches as well as perfect party snacks. Here's a Lebanese recipe with potatoes and rice.
Try Different Fillings for Dolmas
Here's another take on dolmas with rice, tomato paste and pine nuts. Stuffed grape leaves vary by region, and they tend to offer a lot of leeway for creating your own spins on fillings. You can even add marinated tempeh or seitan, depending on the flavor profile you're going for.
Not sure what tempeh is or where to find it? Check out our guide: Where to Buy Tempeh.
Make Turkish Stuffed Grape Leaves
These Turkish stuffed grape leaves feature currants for a hint of sweetness. You could also use raisins or any dried fruits you prefer. Aim for a mix of savory, tart and sweet flavors.
Don't have time to make your own stuffed grape leaves? We've created a list of the best canned stuffed grape leaves.