Trying to find almond paste in the grocery store? We’ll show you which aisles you can find it in…
We’ll also tell you which stores are most likely to carry it…
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Almond Paste In?
Most of the time, you’ll find almond paste in the baking aisle of the grocery store. It’ll probably be on the shelves with sweet ingredients like chocolate chips.
You could also see almond paste in the bakery area, but this wouldn’t be a typical place for it. If it’s there, it might be in a promotional display case.
Having trouble locating it? Use our store guide below…
What Stores Sell Almond Paste?
- Amazon – You can easily find almond paste on Amazon. You’ll see options from Odense, Solo and other brands as well as almond paste by the pound.
- Walmart – If you’re near a Walmart, you can pick up Roland and Solo almond pastes. The store locator on Walmart’s website will help you figure out what you can buy online and in each location.
- Whole Foods – Whole Foods is a safe bet. Look in the baking aisle for a few different options.
- Safeway – Safeway carries Odense and Solo products.
- Target – If you’re doing some shopping at Target, you can also get Odense Pure Almond Paste in the baking section.
- Kroger – Kroger offers almond paste in the baking aisle, but you could also spot it in the bakery section of the store with fresh breads and rolls.
- Publix – You should be able to buy the Solo brand at a Publix supermarket.
- Wegmans – Wegman’s is another reliable source. Check the baking aisle.
Related Article: Where to Buy Red Miso Paste in the Grocery Store
Great Ways to Use Almond Paste
Make German Marzipan Balls
Hands down, this is the easiest dessert you can make with almond paste. If you want to go for something a little more decadent, you could melt a bar of vegan chocolate and roll the marzipan pieces in it. When the chocolate dries, you’ll have delicious marzipan truffles.
Here’s a Related Article For You: Where to Find Agar Powder in the Grocery Store
Use It in Vegan Almond Croissants
Whether you’re using vegan puff pastry or venturing into the land of homemade vegan croissant dough, spread some almond paste in the middle before baking. Your croissants will be just like the ones in the bakeries. This video shows you how to make the almond filling (just be sure to use vegan margarine), but any marzipan paste you buy will work perfectly.
You Might Also Like: Where to Find Apple Cider in the Grocery Store
Make Marzipan Animals
This is a super fun activity for kids and adults. All you need is the marzipan and a little inspiration. You can make anything you want—use your imagination! Add natural vegan food dyes to make your marzipan creations really vibrant.
Also Related: Where to Find Artichokes in the Grocery Store