Are you looking for the best container for overnight oats? If so, then you’ve come to the right place. We’ve compiled a list of 8 containers that are sure to suit your needs for an easy breakfast.
Best Containers for Overnight Oats
These hexagon jars feature a gold lid, making them both stylish and functional. They are made from food-grade glass which makes them safe to store food in and eat out of.
It’s also easy to clean them because they are dishwasher safe. The wide mouth makes pouring ingredients inside a breeze and it’s also easy to eat right from the jar with a spoon.
- With a watertight and airtight seal, you won’t have to worry about spilling your breakfast if the container gets turned over.
- The versatility of these jars means they can be used for more than just overnight oats. They are trendy and can be used to decorate or store other foods.
- Some customers found the jars to be too small so they are best used for single servings and smaller portions instead of large batches. Others said the mouth was not wide enough to be considered a true wide-mouth jar.
- A few people thought the lids could have had a tighter seal or that, if tightened too much, the screws would begin to strip.
If you need a larger container to make overnight oats for your family, these 32-ounce jars will do the job nicely. They are made from plastic but are BPA free and food safe.
When not using them for breakfast, they can double as storage for dried ingredients or non-kitchen items. The wide mouth makes it easy to mix up your favorite recipe in minutes.
- BPA free material lets you have peace of mind that you won’t have any adverse health effects from eating out of these containers, making them perfect for everyday use.
- This larger size is perfect for multiple servings, making it easy to feed several people at once. You can also make a big batch of oats for the week and portion it out each day to save time in the morning.
- Made from lightweight plastic, they won’t be heavy even if you fill them up. You can easily take them with you without adding a lot of extra weight to your bag.
- Unlike glass, these containers won’t break or shatter. You don’t have to worry about sharp pieces or getting cut should you accidentally drop one.
- Because they’re made from plastic, they aren’t dishwasher safe. You’ll have to wash them by hand which can be time-consuming if you use them on a daily basis.
Glass Mason jars are a classic container for overnight oats. The 16-ounce size is perfect for a single serving and will fit in a cooler bag or lunch box to take on the go.
They can also be microwaved, making it easy to reheat the oats for breakfast and eat directly from the jar. This means fewer dishes and less clean up when you’re busy in the morning.
- Customers flock to Mason jars over and over because they are high-quality and sturdy.
- The reliable seal means they won’t leak and they keep food fresh for a long time. You can make your oats and put them away, confident they won’t spoil or have a strange taste.
- Dishwasher safe glass makes clean-up a breeze after you’ve finished eating. Just rinse them and stick them in the dishwasher and they’ll be ready to go for the next day.
- Lids can be interchanged to use either two-piece lids with the flat metal portion or a single lid by itself. Plastic lids are also an option if you’re concerned about rust over time.
- Although the jars are durable, they are glass which means they can break if dropped or heavily damaged.
This rounded glass container doubles as both storage and a small bowl. It’s available in many different sizes, meaning you can choose the one that’s perfect for you depending on how much you want to make.
- The four locking tabs make sure the container is leakproof so you don’t have to worry about spills or making a mess.
- It’s safe to put these containers in the oven, microwave, or freezer so you can prepare things in advance, store it, and heat it up however you prefer.
- Interchangeable lids make it easy to find a top to any of the containers no matter which size you select. No more searching for the perfect match in your cupboards!
- A few customers found that the glass could chip or break easily after it had been washed.
- While the container is leakproof, some noted that it wasn’t airtight and some of their food oxidized in the refrigerator.
Although these Bento-style glass containers were designed with meal prep in mind, they actually work great for overnight oats. They have three separate compartments so you can mix oats in one and add in fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, or other toppings in the others to keep them from getting soggy.
The sizing of the compartments means you can also measure out portions easier if you are trying to eat healthier. Lid locking technology provides an airtight seal to keep everything secure and fresh for a long time.
- Perfect for those with an active lifestyle, the containers can be microwaved, put in the oven, or frozen for later.
- Each container holds 34 ounces so you could potentially make multiple servings with a variety of flavors all in one place. Why settle for one kind of oatmeal when you can have three?
- The glass is strong and durable, made from heavy-duty materials that don’t get damaged easily. It might be a little heavier than other containers, but at least you know it will hold up to daily wear and tear.
- Some people found that the lids broke quite easily so you may need to buy additional ones as a replacement.
- The seal is very tight, but a few reported that it sealed so well that it was difficult to open and became stuck onto the container.
Pyrex Glass is known for their high-quality food storage containers, and these small bowls are no exception. Available in differing cup amounts, you can mix and match the sizes to find your ideal container.
Made from nonporous glass, they won’t get stained no matter what you cook with. You also won’t have to worry about odors from previous meals because the glass prevents them from getting absorbed.
- Lids are colored bright red, making them easy to find in a dark cupboard. They are also dishwasher-safe and can be washed on the top rack which means cleaning them is easier than ever.
- The 1-cup container is the perfect size for a single serving of overnight oats. Heat it in the microwave or a preheated oven and eat it right from the container.
- Different sized bowls can be stacked and stored one inside the other to save space in cupboards. When filled, they can be stacked on top of larger containers in the refrigerator.
- The lids can get warped or cracked over time so you may end up with more containers than usable lids. Still, small cracks in the sides don’t prevent the lids from being used, although they won’t be as leakproof or airtight as before.
- A few people expressed concern that the lids were made in China instead of the United States where true Pyrex is manufactured.
These elegant French terrine jars from Le Parfait have the lid attached to the container with stainless steel wire. You won’t have to hunt for lids because it’s conveniently connected to the jar at all times.
One of the reasons these jars are so popular is because they save time, are easy to clean, and are made from all-natural materials. They are known for their high-quality materials so any jar you purchase should last for a long time.
- The slightly tapered jar means it’s easy to turn out the contents into a bowl or other container for serving.
- Hermetic rubber seals give a strong seal for both the storage and preservation of food. The latex-free rubber creates a leakproof seal and can easily be washed and used over and over.
- If you want to eat out of a stylish container, you can’t go wrong with these. They are made in France and feature a sophisticated design that will enhance your breakfast experience.
- These containers are a little on the pricey side but most found them to be well worth it and a good investment.
With black, domed lids, these stackable plastic containers are simple in design but are great for storing a variety of items. The plastic is not only BPA free but it’s also medical grade, can be recycled, and is safe even for storing pet food.
The smooth rounded lids give them an elegant look and their stackability means it’s easy to make several batches of oats and put them in the fridge without taking up a lot of space.
- In addition to overnight oats, you can also use them to store leftovers, pet food, toiletries, and dry goods in the pantry.
- There is adequate space on the container for labeling so you can keep track of the contents or personalize it with someone’s name.
- The plastic is lightweight and made from a thinner, more flexible material. You can take them on the go if you don’t mind eating your oatmeal cold.
- They are not microwave-safe so are best used for making a batch of oats that you plan to serve into individual dishes and reheat at home.
- Containers are not dishwasher safe and must be hand washed. But the wide mouth makes it easy to get a sponge inside for fast cleaning and rinsing.
What to Consider in an Overnight Oats Container
The size of the container is important because it will determine how many servings you can make at one time. If you just want a single-serve for yourself, then a small container will be enough.
But if you plan to make a large batch of oats for your family, you’ll need something significantly bigger. The container should also be big enough that you can easily mix up all the ingredients together without spilling or overflowing. There should also be a little room at the top for the oats to expand as they soak up the liquid.
Many people love the convenience of overnight oats because they can grab them right from the fridge on their way out the door in the morning. Your container should be portable and lightweight so you can put it in a bag or lunch box to take wherever you go. It shouldn’t take up too much room either because chances are you have many other things you have to bring along.
When choosing a container, the design is important because you don’t want something that is too big and unwieldy. It should be easy to hold the jar to mix it or eat directly from it. Those shaped like a jar or bowl can do double duty for food prep and also as a container to eat from.
Good design also means the lids should fit well and have a secure seal. You don’t want to waste time struggling to get a lid into place. Ideally, the container will not take up a lot of space either, keeping your refrigerator well organized.
It’s easy for containers to get tipped over in your bag or even knocked off the table. The last thing you want is for it to leak and make a big mess, thus creating more work for you when you’re already so busy with other things.
Whatever container you choose should have a lid that seals tightly and is leakproof. You also don’t want any water or other liquids getting in if you accidentally drop it in the sink, so waterproofing features are also important.
If you love overnight oats and make them on a regular basis, then having a container that can be put in the dishwasher will make your life much easier. Of course, not all containers can be washed this way without damaging them.
For those who don’t have a dishwasher, this won’t be a consideration and you may end up buying multiple containers instead. Or, if you have someone to help do the washing up, then you’ll have more freedom in choosing your preferred container. But when given the option, one that can be quickly cleaned and reused will always be a top pick.
If you plan to eat right from your container, then the mouth should be wide enough to fit more than a teaspoon inside. A wide-mouth also makes it easy to measure out oats and add in other ingredients as you make your favorite recipe.
You should also be able to get a decent-sized spoon inside to mix everything up. If you plan to pour the overnight oats into a bowl, a wide mouth is key to save time and make it easy to serve the oats.
For those on the go or with limited time, a microwaveable container is essential. You want to be able to grab the oats from the fridge and stick the container right into the microwave.
With a microwave-proof container, you won’t have to take precious minutes in the morning to pour the oatmeal into a different bowl before you eat it. You can also take the container with you to work and heat it up there without having to bring extra dishes.
In my opinion, the best jars for overnight oats are Ball Mason Jar Clear Glass Jars. They are very high-quality and hold up well in any situation.
The variety of sizes makes it easy to find the perfect fit and, even though they are glass, it takes a lot to damage one. A close runner-up are the Le Parfait Super Terrines French Glass Jar if you’re looking for an investment container.
They are high-quality and will last for years, plus they’re great for the environment and have the lid attached for added convenience.