Sansevieria, also known as the snake plant, is a wonderful plant if you don’t have much time for upkeep. It doesn’t require frequent watering, and does well very will minimal maintenance.
This plant’s a real survivor. However, if this plant has caught your eye, you’re still going to need a planter to put it in.
There a tons of attractive selections out there. To demonstrate, we’ll be showing you some of the best planters for snake plant in this guide.
Best Planters for Snake Plant
In case you’re looking for something that’s intriguing and different at a glance, the Beaded Stoneware Pot is a fantastic pick. As its name implies, it has a ridged surface that looks a little bit like beads.
Looks aside, it comes with everything you’ll need to keep your snake plant happy and comfortable. In addition to a drainage hole for effective draining, it comes with a drainage net and a pad.
The drainage net keeps soil from falling through the hole. Meanwhile, the pad can be placed beneath the planter to safeguard anything you set it on from scratches and nicks.
Furthermore, you can get this beautiful beaded pot in three different sizes, including small, medium, and large. You can even purchase it as a set with a 4-inch and 6-inch pot to accommodate two different plants.
- Visually intriguing beaded texture.
- A hole at the bottom allows excess water to escape.
- Includes a drainage net to prevent soil from dropping out the drainage hole.
- Available in multiple sizes.
- Comes with a pad to place under the pot so your table, counter, or windowsill don’t get scratched.
- Some customers have noted it seems like it could be a little fragile.
Consider the Modern Fiberglass Pot Planter if what you want is a sleek and refined appearance. The smooth and solid coloration of the planter is unobtrusive, and the cup shape has an almost handmade feel to it.
You can buy it in three neutral colors: light gray, white, and black. These choices make it possible for you to find the optimal accent for your home.
On top of that, this pot is designed to resist weather conditions. This quality grants it an added level of longevity and durability.
- Minimalist solid color design.
- Three colors to choose from.
- Comes in four various sizes.
- Has drainage holes on the bottom for breathability.
- A few customers have reported that the colors can look a little different in person.
This pot has a breezy look that calls to mind a house on the beach. The crisp blue pattern circling its sides is also minimal, so it isn’t overwhelming.
Plus, it includes a wooden stand. Assembly of the stand is a snap – no screws necessary.
If you ever need to clean up the pot, cleaning is also simple. Because of the glaze, all you need to do is just wipe it out, and dirt or smudges will come right off.
- Beautiful and simple blue pattern with a glossy finish.
- Easy to clean.
- Has a wooden stand for added natural feel.
- Drainage holes on the bottom protect your snake plant from being overwatered.
- Available in medium or large sizes.
- Some buyers said it was smaller than they expected.
If you’re looking for a planter that will add a bright dash of color to the room, then this Cawley 2-piece set is for you. You can get this set in eight various colors.
That means it’s perfect for matching a variety of color schemes. You can use it to accent virtually any room.
Drainage holes pierce the bottom, so your snake plant is safe from overwatering. The holes also make it easier for air to get into the planter, allowing your plant to comfortably breathe.
- Several bright colors to choose from.
- Drainage holes at the bottom for breathing and draining.
- Includes a saucer to capture any water draining out.
- Has a shiny finish for some added brightness.
- Some customers said they expected it to be bigger.
At a glance, these Greenaholics plant pots can look plain. But as you get closer, you can see a little stippling in some of the available patterns that adds a layer of visual intrigue.
Of course, if you want something that’s a solid color, these pots offer that, too. You can buy them in four different colors, which includes beige, black, gray, and white.
A smooth and shiny glaze over the surface of these pots does more than make them look gorgeous – it helps repel dirt, so they’re simpler to clean. They’re also incredibly durable and long-lasting.
- Four different beautiful colors.
- Includes two ceramic planters.
- A glaze on the surface makes them easier to clean and gives them a shiny look.
- Plants are protected from suffocation and overwatering through the drainage hole at the bottom.
- Does not come with a saucer, so you may need to put something underneath these pots to catch water.
Are you the kind of person who struggles to keep even the toughest plants alive? We can relate.
Fortunately, that’s why there are planters like this Self-watering and self-aerating pot. There’s a reservoir built into the bottom of the pot, with hollow legs that dip into the water.
Through the hollow legs, the soil in the pot is able to absorb moisture and feed the plant. The added bonus to this design is that it prevents your plant from being overwatered automatically.
It’s built to allow your plant to breathe, too. Slits in the bottom keep the soil aerated, which protects plants from rot or mold.
- Has a self-watering reservoir that lasts up to two weeks. Just clip on the watering attachment and add water.
- Slits cut into the bottom keep the soil aerated to prevent rotting or molding.
- Available in several different colors.
- Prevents any potential water stains to the surface you set it on with legs that raise the pot slightly up.
- A few customers reported that the shiny plastic material is vulnerable to being scratched.
What to Consider when Choosing a Planter for Snake Plant
As with many plants, your snake plants need to be capable of draining. Pots with holes in the bottom make free draining possible.
Additionally, these holes have the added benefit of permitting your plants to breathe. The bottom line here is, look for planters with drainage holes when you’re looking at repotting your snake plant.
Whether you’re using your planter indoors or outdoors, it’s an opportunity to add a touch of your personality to your environment. For that reason, the way they look is important.
The color or painting isn’t the only thing to consider here, either, even though that’s also crucial. You can also consider to some degree if there are particular shapes you prefer.
Sometimes textures are even added to the outside of a pot for additional visual appeal. Some might have bumps, ridges, and glaze that can completely alter the way a color looks by itself.
What a planter is made from can also have a bearing on both its looks and everyday use.
Ceramic, for instance, is a popular material. It’s durable, but can be a little on the heavy side if you’re concerned about having to move your planter around.
Plastic is another viable choice. It’s not as heavy as ceramic, and it’s not going to shatter if it’s knocked over or dropped.
As you can see, there are plenty of planters to choose from that will help your snake plant flourish. If we were picking one for ourselves, we’d go with the Self-Watering and Self-Aerating Round Planter Pot.
It’s the perfect planter pot for people on the go, or those who might forget to care for their plants. We love the self-watering and aerating properties that would protect our plants from molding and rot, too.
Looking for a watering can you can use easily indoors? Click here for our guide to the best watering cans for indoor use.