Watch the video below or keep scrolling for the printable recipe!
If you’re looking for an easy and cheap way to make oatmeal taste good in the microwave, you’ve come to the right place.
This is the recipe that I use almost every single morning and it works like a charm.
I use the smallest pinch of brown/sugar stevia mix which is around 5 calories and ~1g of sugar.
If you’d prefer to stick to whole foods you can use a sliced up banana before putting it in the microwave.
Check out this vegan starter kit
If you want/need a higher calorie breakfast, you can use the optional peanut butter or any other nut butter you like.
Blueberry Flax Easy Oatmeal
- 2/3 Cup Quick Oats or Rolled Oats
- 1 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 1/2 Cup Frozen or Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Soy Milk (Unsweetened)
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar/Stevia Blend (or use whole banana)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon to Garnish
- 1 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter (Optional)
- 1 Whole Banana Peeled and Sliced (Optional)
- Add the oats to a bowl and put just enough water to cover them completely.
- Place the bowl of oats and water into the microwave for 2 minutes. If using a banana and not brown sugar/stevia blend then place the sliced banana inside as well.
- Once the oatmeal is out of the microwave, add all of the other dry ingredients on top. Add peanut butter for extra calories if desired.
- Add the soy milk and then mix until you reach the desired consistency.
READ ALSO: Have you tried overnight oats? If you like something convenient and easy then you might just love it! To get started, check out our list for the best container for overnight oats.
Want to take all of the guess-work around going vegan?
Click here to check out the Vegan Starter Kit.