Are you searching for a blender that you can use for bartending? It’s a good thing you’ve come to this guide – we’ll show you what we feel are the best blenders for bartending.
Before we continue, however, a word of advice: although many of the blenders on this list could potentially be used in a professional bar, be sure to double-check the warranty before using one in a commercial setting. Some warranties are voided when the product is used for anything other than households.
Beyond that, the blenders on this list are all fantastic for use at a home bar entertaining friends and family. With this in mind, let’s take a closer look at these fabulous blenders.
Best Blenders for Bartending
Many bar-quality drinks use crushed ice in them. Daiquiris, alcoholic slushies, and margaritas are all made with ice.
To crush ice, you’ll need a reliable and powerful blender. The Ninja Professional Countertop is one that definitely fits the bill in this regard.
It uses a unique vertical blade that reaches higher up into the container. With this blade, it can reduce hard ice to smooth snow in a matter of seconds.
Guests who would prefer to enjoy an alcohol-free smoothie will also be thrilled by the texture of this Ninja’s blend. It’s equally great at cutting through frozen fruits to combine them into a luxurious silky smoothie, too.
- Great for rapidly blending hard ingredients like ice and frozen fruit.
- Upkeep is painless, since the container is dishwasher-safe.
- You’ll get two cups with lids, so you can take your drinks out to relax in your yard without being concerned about spills.
- The pitcher has a large capacity, allowing you to blend multiple servings at once.
- A spout is built into the pitcher so you can pour out drinks without making a mess.
- The volume of the blender can be noisy, and it doesn’t come with a sound shield to reduce the noise like some other options.
The food-grade stainless steel in this CleanBlend isn’t just for making drinks – although it will speed through those, too.
You can also use it to make snacks for your guests, such as decadent non-dairy milkshakes or tempting salsa. Its multiple purposes mean it can even potentially replace other appliances you have, or keep you from having to purchase others.
On top of that, you’ll get a BPA-free tamper with the Cleanblend. That means you’ll be able to guarantee the smoothest blend texture by pushing any stubborn ingredients into the blades.
This blender is so powerful, in fact, that it has been shown on TV. Take a look at our link to the Amazon page to watch a video about how strong the Cleanblend is.
- This is an all-in-one appliance you’ll be able to use for a plethora of recipes.
- The blades are food-grade for commercial-level blending.
- Comes with a BPA-free tamper so you can make sure no unsavory chunks are left behind.
- Capable of crushing tough ice cubes.
- Can be expensive.
- It does not come with a sound shield to reduce noise.
Now this is one timeless and classic-looking blender. This Waring Commercial Bar Blender has a sleek and shining stainless steel container that will no doubt look impressive on your counter.
It’s also heavier duty than your average blender. It can easily make up to 25 drinks a day without breaking a sweat, so it would work great in a small bar.
When done for the day, the stainless steel container is safe to put in your dishwasher. That will save you time otherwise spent scrubbing it out by hand.
- Fairly affordable.
- The stainless steel container is sturdy and lends the blender a sleek look.
- Cleaning is easy – just put the container in your dishwasher and focus on your guests.
- With just an intuitive toggle switch, this Waring is user-friendly.
- Every part of the blender that touches food or drink is BPA-free for safety.
- Because the container isn’t transparent, you can’t visually monitor whatever you blend.
Have you ever sipped on a frozen drink, only to be interrupted by finding a large ice cube left intact inside it? This isn’t an issue for the Hamilton Beach Commercial Rio Bar Blender.
It has a patented Wave-Action System that pulls ingredients back down into the blades. The result is a smooth blend that won’t have you spitting out ice cubes.
Just because it’s thorough doesn’t mean speed is sacrificed, though. It can blend a 16-ounce daiquiri in as little as 20 seconds.
Furthermore, the 44-ounce jar is durable. You won’t need to worry about it cracking if you accidentally drop it or bump into it.
- The Wave-Action System continually forces your mixture into the blades so no chunks are left behind.
- Break-resistant material means you won’t need to worry about cracking the container when accidents happen.
- Control the Rio Bar Blender with two easy-to-understand switches.
- It doesn’t have a sound shield, so its volume may be louder than some alternatives.
- Because it doesn’t come apart, cleaning is a little more difficult.
In the event you’re concerned about your blender making a racket, there are those like the Hamilton Beach Professional Quiet Shield Blender.
This one has a cover that goes over the entire top part while blending. While it’s in place, the noise generated by the blender is reduced. It’s perfect if you want to enjoy a quiet and uninterrupted evening.
Aside from volume, it’s also a powerful blender. With a 1500-watt motor, it can slice through hard ice and frozen fruit fast.
- Comes with a Quiet Shield lid you can place over the blender to reduce its noise pollution.
- You’ll also get a tamper so you can guarantee each ingredient is blended to perfection.
- Cleaning up will be a breeze, because the tamper and jar are safe for your dishwasher.
- If you drop or bump the jar, you won’t need to be worried about it breaking due to its shatter-proof (and BPA-free!) material.
- At 32 ounces, the blender jar can’t make as many servings as other larger alternatives.
- There’s no handle on the actual blender jar, so you’ll probably need two hands to hold it.
The Vitamix 5200 is a wise choice for anyone in need of a blender that can handle just about anything. From frozen drinks, batters, sauces, dips, and baby food, this one can take care of it all for you.
It can even heat your ingredients for you, making it possible to use your blender for crafting hot drinks or soups. If you’re looking to provide refreshments beyond beverages to your guests, you’ll have no problem doing so with the 5200.
In addition, it’s super simple to clean. All you need to do is add water and a drop of dish soap, then let the blender run for about a minute.
And it doesn’t end there. Because its stainless steel blades are so high in quality, you won’t need to worry about having to replace them anytime soon.
- Your purchase of the Vitamix 5200 includes a tamper so you can rest assured that no ingredient is missed during blending.
- With its self-cleaning, you won’t need to waste minutes struggling to wash every corner of the container.
- It’s long-lasting.
- The 64-ounce blending jar makes it possible to blend large batches.
- Optional heated blending for things like soup or warm drinks.
- Can be costly.
- Some users reported that it’s loud.
Things to Consider before Picking a Blender for Bartending
Ability to Crush Ice
When you’re using a blender for bartending, you’re probably using it most to make frozen drinks, like daiquiris. To make sure your guests don’t end up with chunks of ice in their mouths, you’ll want a blender that can chop up ice without an issue.
Most blenders will indicate in their description if they’re good when it comes to crushing ice. This is something to look out for in a potential bartending blender.
Whether you’re hosting a party or running a business, frozen drinks probably won’t be the only thing you’re serving. A blender that can handle more than one of your menu items or snack offerings is a valuable blender.
That’s why it’s important to check that any prospective pick can blend various ingredients, too.
If your blender can self-clean or go in your dishwasher, it will save you a lot of time down the road. As far as cleaning goes, it’s also a good idea to see if the top disassembles.
A disassembling top will allow you to get into those hard-to-reach spots that a dishwasher or self-cleaning cycle might miss.
User-Friendly Settings and Controls
Finally, another thing that’s certainly worth considering is how you’ll control the blender. Sometimes, a ton of buttons and settings can be overwhelming.
On the other hand, you might want additional settings. That’s because if you have more speed or texture settings to access, you’ll have more room for experimentation.
Of course, that’s a matter of personal preference. But it’s still wise to take time to think about how you would be most comfortable using your blender.
A blender can really be an extremely useful appliance. While we feel all of the blenders on this list deserve a place, our personal pick would be the Vitamix 5200.
It’s true that it can be expensive, but it’s incredibly durable and versatile.