Scanning the grocery store shelves for flaxseed oil? We’ll show you which aisles you’ll find it in…
We’ll also tell you which stores typically carry it…
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Flaxseed Oil In?
The vitamin and supplement aisle may be the number one location for flaxseed oil in most grocery stores. You might see both the bottled liquid and flaxseed oil supplements in this area (just be sure to check supplements for non-vegan ingredients).
If there’s a natural or organic food section in your grocery store, that’s a good place to check next. Look on the shelves and in any coolers in this section.
You may also see flaxseed oil in the aisle with oils and vinegars. But if you can’t find flaxseed oil anywhere, one of the stores below likely has it in stock…
You Might Also Like: Where to Buy Fennel Seeds in the Grocery Store
What Stores Sell Flaxseed Oil?
- Amazon – At Amazon you can shop around and find any type of flaxseed oil you prefer. You can also compare prices and find it for a little cheaper than what’s available in many grocery stores.
- Walmart – Walmart sells bottled flaxseed oil by Puritan’s Pride and Now as well as flaxseed oil supplements. Look in the organic food and vitamin aisles, or check the store locator online to verify product availability in any store.
- Whole Foods – If you usually shop at Whole Foods, you can pick up 365 Organic Unfiltered Flax Oil and other brands in the personal care section (by the vitamins and supplements).
- Your Local Health Food Store – You’re pretty much guaranteed to find flaxseed oil at any health food store.
- Safeway – Passing by a Safeway supermarket? Look in the personal care area as well as the oil and vinegar aisle for Barlean’s, International Collection, Spectrum and other brands.
- Trader Joe’s – Trader Joe’s sells store brand flaxseed oil.
- Kroger – At Kroger you can pick up Spectrum, Nature’s Way, Barlean’s and Flora flaxseed oils in the supplement and oil and vinegar aisles.
- Publix – You’ll probably see flaxseed oil in the personal care area of Publix supermarkets.
- GNC – If you pop into a GNC, look for Solgar Organic Flaxseed Oil.
Also Related: Where to Buy Nutritional Yeast in Bulk
Great Ways to Use Flaxseed Oil
Put It in Smoothies
Adding flaxseed oil to your smoothies is an excellent way to get more vital omega-3 fatty acids into your diet. It won’t add any particular taste, which means you can blend it into absolutely any smoothie recipe you like. Think green smoothies, tropical smoothies, cacao smoothies…
You Might Also Like: Where to Buy Poppy Seeds in the Grocery Store
Use It in Salad Dressings
Do you usually drizzle vinaigrette on your salads? Go for a flaxseed oil vinaigrette next time. Or try a creamy vegan dressing made with flaxseed oil instead of olive oil.
Related Article: Where to Buy Red Miso Paste in the Grocery Store
Make Vegan Mayo
If you prefer to make your own condiments at home, you’ll be happy to know that vegan mayo is a cinch to throw together. You can use any fairly neutral-tasting oil you enjoy, whether it’s olive oil, grapeseed oil or flaxseed oil.
Here’s a Related Article For You: Where to Find Agar Powder in the Grocery Store