Searching every shelf in the grocery store for simple syrup? Here are the aisles you’ll find it in…
We’ll also tell you which stores typically carry it…
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Simple Syrup In?
For simple syrup, check the aisle with cocktail mixes first. If you don’t see it around daiquiri and margarita mixes, look in the alcoholic beverage aisles.
Next, check the baking and condiment aisles. Wherever liquid sweeteners like honey and agave syrup are, that’s where you’ll find the simple syrup.
As simple syrups are often used for coffee and lattes, you may also see them in the coffee bean aisle. If not, check the soft drink aisle.
But if you’re struggling to find simple syrup, use our store guide below…
Related Article: Where Is Sauerkraut in the Grocery Store?
What Stores Sell Simple Syrup?
- Amazon– Shopping for simple syrup is quick and easy on Amazon. You can narrow down exactly what you’re looking for and compare prices for the best deals.
- Walmart – Look for brands like Cocktail Artist and Stirringsin the baking and condiment aisles at Walmart. If you check the store locator on Walmart’s website, you’ll be able to track product information in any store.
- Whole Foods – Whole Foods keeps simple syrup by the honey. If there’s a liquor aisle in your Whole Foods, check there, too.
- Safeway– Safeway carries Stirrings, Rose’s, and Master of Mixes simple syrups in the aisles with honey, liquid sweeteners, and cocktail mixes.
- Kroger – You’ll find Master of Mixes, Powell & Mahoney, and Monin in both the alcohol and pantry aisles (by the cocktail mixes and liquid sweeteners).
- Wegmans– Near a Wegmans?Look for simple syrup in the wine and spirit aisles.
- Albertsons– You can get Gefen, Stirrings, and other brands in the honey and cocktail mix aisles at Albertsons.
- Publix – Check the cocktail ingredient area at Publix for simple syrup.
- Liquor Stores– If all else fails, you can pick up some simple syrup at any liquor store.
Also Read: Where Is Stuffing Mix in the Grocery Store?
Great Ways to Use Simple Syrup
Make Frozen Treats
Simple syrup is ideal for any frozen dessert you want to have a smooth consistency (since granulated sugar can leave a grainy texture). Use it when you’re making sorbet, vegan ice cream, and popsicles.
Infuse It for Iced Coffee and Tea
This is so easy that you may decide to make the simple syrup from scratch with sugar, water, and the flavoring of choice. Add spices, herbs, or edible flowers like lavender to make a delicious flavored syrup for iced coffee and tea.
You Might Also Like: Where Is Vermouth in the Grocery Store?
Use It in Cocktails
Every bartender keeps simple syrup handy. It’s essential for evenly distributing the sweet flavor in a chilled drink like a mojito or a strawberry daiquiri. Use it for mocktails, too!