Are you searching for the best planters for agave? You’re in the right place.
In this guide, we’ll be discussing these hardy plants and what containers you can put them in to make them prosper. We’ll be showing you a range of planters so that you can find one to suit your specific style and preferences.
Let’s take a closer look at these planters.
Best Planters for Agave
We think the dazzling diamond motif and rings of color on the top and bottom of these Adamsdale planters would look wonderful with a range of agaves.
Beyond their beauty, they’re very functional. With drainage holes at the bottom, they can protect your agave from standing water.
Furthermore, it’s useful that they come in a pack of three, with each one being a different size. Because of this, you can have a pot for three agaves or even other plants in your garden.
Since they all match, you can splash their stunning looks around your space in coordination.
- Appealing looks.
- Has ample drainage with a hole in the bottom.
- Designed to withstand many weather conditions.
- They do not include any sort of dish underneath to catch draining water.
Read Also: Best Planter Boxes for Tomatoes
Unsophisticated and minimalist is the approach taken by these Mkono planters. Their matte finish and gently rounded shape makes them soothing to look at, and could provide a structural contrast against the oftentimes spiky edges of an agave’s leaves.
They’re crafted from durable plastic. These planters can stand up to daily strains, making them an excellent choice in homes where they might be knocked over more often.
You’re also getting five planters in this bundle. With that deal, you’ll have enough to make a sizable indoor garden if you want.
- They have drainage holes on the bottom, but come with optional plugs if you want to seal them.
- Available in neutral black or white to accentuate a number of environments.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Includes five planters.
- Easy to lift and transport.
- Does not include drainage saucers.
You Might Also Like: Best Planters for Blueberries
Worried about residual water leaking on your floor, tables, or shelves? These Palazzolo planters make that issue a thing of the past.
They have drainage holes to promote the health of your agave, but they also each come with a saucer to capture leakage. This will protect any surface you set them on from any potential water damage or mess.
The ceramic they’re made from is tough. This means you can use them either in your house or outside – whichever you prefer.
- Includes three planters.
- Each planter has a drain hole and a saucer to protect your space from leaks.
- Sleek and minimal design allows your agave to be the point of focus.
- Versatile enough to be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Currently only available in white.
Maybe you like bright colors like white, but need something a little more interesting to look at without detracting from your agave’s appearance. That’s where this La Jolie Muse Resin Plant Container comes in.
Its pattern is incredibly simple: a background of white with dark speckles. But despite its simplicity, it still adds a solid amount of intrigue to the overall piece.
A little indentation at the bottom makes it capable of self-watering, too. The middle of the container is slightly raised, with two drain holes, while a circle around it is lower so it can hold water.
It could be perfect for someone who can forget to water to their plants.
- White speckled design has some more dimension to it than plain white.
- Has drainage holes.
- Includes a built-in self-watering reservoir.
- Available in one- or two-packs.
- Sturdy enough to be used outdoors as well as inside.
- No saucer to put beneath the drainage holes.
- Some customers noted they’re a little light and prone to falling over on their sides in high winds.
Also See: Best Watering Can for Indoor
The bold geometric design on this planter is ideal for those wanting to experiment more with visuals. A ring of triangles circles the bottom over a stark white background, while the top is ringed with a deep, solid color.
We feel the triangles on the bottom would accentuate the pointiness of an agave’s leaves. The combination would be bound to catch any of your guest’s eyes.
- Bold appearance.
- Available in a few color combinations.
- Simple to clean up.
- You can buy it in two sizes.
- Has a drainage hole.
- It does not come with a saucer for the drainage hole.
- A few customers noted that the triangle pattern can have imperfections.
Also Read: Best Planters for Boxwood
This is one distinct planter! The Crim planter’s slender legs would make it an elegant centerpiece on a table or a counter top, we think.
The solid green and black colors will accentuate your agave without taking the limelight off of it. It has a glaze on it to give it a polished and shiny face.
It’s made from solid ceramic. The material is long-lived, and it resists both mold and mildew naturally.
Holes at the bottom will prevent your agave from suffering from root rot. This also helps your plant get proper ventilation.
- Graceful, sleek design with slender stand.
- Allows drainage and ventilation.
- Made from sturdy ceramic.
- Easy to clean.
- No saucer or attachment to catch leaks.
- Some customers noted you cannot remove the stand from the planter.
It’s almost difficult not to recommend the Fox & Fern Plant Pot. If you look at its page, you’ll see it has numerous glowing reviews from customers, and for many compelling reasons.
You’re able to get it in a small range of sizes and colors. You can even purchase it in a couple different shapes.
Additionally, it’s tough. It’s made from fiberstone that’s made to last you for a long time.
However, its durability doesn’t mean it’s heavy like some other materials. You won’t need to struggle to deadlift this planter whenever you need to move it to another spot.
- Offered in a few different colors, shapes, and sizes.
- It’s not hard to lift.
- Includes a drainage hole and plug.
- Capable of withstanding extreme weather conditions.
- No saucer to put underneath the drainage hole.
You have personality, so why shouldn’t your agave’s planter? The Romain Ceramic Planter Pot says it absolutely should have personality, too.
It has a mesmerizing design with outward-facing lines forming circles. They look slightly like sunbursts.
Its ceramic adds to its attractive looks. This isn’t a planter that will look cheap as you admire it.
On top of that, the ceramic adds some longevity to it. It won’t be ruined by various types of weather and it naturally is resistant to rusting.
- Eye-catching looks and color.
- Made by hand.
- The glaze gives it some shininess and increased durability.
- Has holes for drainage.
- Some customers stated it was bigger than they thought.
- No saucer for the drainage holes.
These planters are another great way to enjoy the cleanness and freshness of white, but with some extra character. They come in a four-pack, and each one has a different design carved into them.
The carving makes them more than just your standard white planter. However, you won’t be distracted from your agave.
Getting four of them at once doesn’t hurt, either. You can pot some of your other plants, or have more agaves.
- Set of four planters.
- Each one comes with an attached saucer to catch drips from the drain holes.
- Each planter has its own design carved into the sides.
- They’re not difficult to clean.
- Made from tough ceramic.
- Only available in this one color.
One especially cute way to display your agave is with this Achilles Porcelain Wall Planter. It has soft, rounded sides that would draw attention to the agave’s own sharp shape.
In addition, it has drainage holes, which allows your agave to breathe and for any excess water to flow out.
It comes with what you need to hang them up right away, too. No struggling to find the right hardware online with these planters.
- Interesting way to show off your plants.
- Soft, rounded look contrasts the agave’s angular leaves.
- Available in several colors.
- Comes with the hardware you need to mount the pot.
- Two different sizes.
- Weather- and UV-resistant.
- Because it mounts to a wall, you may be able to use only a smaller agave in it.
- No attachable saucer to put under the drainage hole.
What to Consider When Buying an Agave Planter
One thing many gardening novices may not know is that there’s definitely such a thing as too much water. A waterlogged potting mixture can wreak havoc on your plant’s roots, causing them to decay in a condition known as root rot.
How do you stop this from happening? In addition to understanding how much water you plant needs, you should consider how well a planter can drain.
Drain holes make this adequate drainage possible. As a result, your agave’s roots are preserved.
This might be even more important with agaves. In a perfect environment, they’re potted with soil that doesn’t dry out too quickly, but the soil still needs to drain well.
Having a drainage hole can make this drainage easier to achieve.
Also See: Best Planters for Dahlias
People like pretty things – it’s just human nature. Although many plants serve practical purposes, many others we keep simply because they’re soothing to look at.
Similarly, your planters don’t have to be just practical. There are so many options out there that there’s no reason why you can’t consider appearance, as well.
Agaves are distinct plants. They deserve to be in a beautiful planter, and you deserve to enjoy looking at the ensemble.
Interestingly, the size and shape of a planter can influence your plant’s health. It really depends on how the plant in question grows.
The roots of an agave don’t go particularly deep into their soil. That means it’s unnecessary to have a tall planter.
A short and wide planter would be wonderful for an agave’s home.
Related Article: Best Planters for Elephant Ears
We’re particularly interested in the Fox & Fern Plant Pot. It’s a well-loved planter, and you can trust it to last you a long time.
However, the Indoor Round Planter Pots with Saucers are high up on our list, too. Not only are they made from reliable ceramic, but we can’t help but love the drainage saucers on the bottom.