Are you wondering about yellow peppers and their Vitamin C Content? You’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know.
Let’s start with the first question – Do Yellow Peppers Contain Vitamin C?
Quick Answer: Yes! Yellow peppers are one of the best sources of Vitamin C you can eat. They have even more Vitamin C per calorie than oranges or tangerines.
Vitamin C Content of Yellow Peppers
- For every 100 calories of yellow peppers, you get 683 mg of Vitamin C.
- This equates to 6.83 mg of Vitamin C per calorie.
- 100 g of yellow pepper contains 183.5 mg of Vitamin C
Are Yellow Peppers a Good Source of Vitamin C?
To figure out if yellow peppers are a good source of Vitamin C, let’s see how they compare to some other foods. Remember, they contain 683 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 6.83 mg per 1 calorie
- Poblano peppers contain 411.1 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 4.111 mg per calorie.
- Onions contain 18.4 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 0.184 mg per calorie.
- Jalapeño contains 408.9 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 4.089 mg per calorie.
In Conclusion: Yellow peppers are one of the highest Vitamin C foods there are. In fact, all types of peppers are the best sources of this Vitamin along with veggies like kale and broccoli.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!