Are you wondering about Kiwi fruit and its Vitamin C Content? You’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know.
Let’s start with the first question – Do Kiwi fruit Contain Vitamin C?
Quick Answer: Yes! Kiwis are actually very high in Vitamin C. You get more Vitamin C from a kiwi than from an orange when you consider their Vitamin C content per calorie.
Vitamin C Content of Kiwi Fruit
- For every 100 calories of Kiwi fruit, you get 152.3 mg of Vitamin C.
- This equates to 1.523 mg of Vitamin C per calorie.
- 1 regular-sized kiwi fruit contains 64 mg of Vitamin C
Are Kiwi Fruits a Good Source of Vitamin C?
To figure out if Kiwi fruit are a good source of Vitamin C, let’s see how they compare to some other foods. Remember, they contain 152.3 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 1.523 mg per 1 calorie
- Dragon fruit contains 4 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 0.04 mg per calorie.
- Sapodilla fruits contain 17.7 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 0.177 mg per calorie.
- Strawberries contain 183.7 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 1.837 mg per calorie.
In Conclusion: Kiwis are amazing if you need to get more Vitamin C in your daily diet. Eat them along with other nutrient rich veggies such as kale, broccoli and peppers and you’ll be hitting your Vitamin C target with ease!
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!