Are you wondering about Guavas and their Vitamin C Content? You’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know.
Let’s start with the first question – Do Guavas Contain Vitamin C?
Quick Answer: Yes! Guavas contain tons of Vitamin C. Compared to other fruits and vegetables, they are one of the best sources you can find.
Vitamin C Content of Guavas
- For every 100 calories of Guavas, you get 339.4 mg of Vitamin C.
- This equates to 3.394 mg of Vitamin C per calorie.
- 100 grams of fresh guava contain 228 mg of Vitamin C
Are Guavas a Good Source of Vitamin C?
To figure out if Guavas are a good source of Vitamin C, let’s see how they compare to some other foods. Remember, they contain 339.4 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 3.394 mg per 1 calorie
- Strawberries contain 185.5 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 1.855 mg per calorie.
- Apricots contain 20.5 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 0.205 mg per calorie.
- Pineapples contain 95 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 0.950 mg per calorie.
In Conclusion: If guavas are available to you, enjoy them as an excellent source of Vitamin C. Don’t forget other high Vitamin C foods such as kale and bell peppers.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!