There is no denying that peanut butter is a lot of people’s favorite. Its nutritional content is impressive: high in protein, potassium, fiber, healthy fats, and magnesium, among others. Plus let’s face it, it tastes really good especially when combined with other delicious ingredients
We are featuring peanut butter as a key ingredient in this overnight oats recipe, particularly the salted and creamy variety. If you prefer your overnight oats to be a little crunchy, you may opt for the chunky peanut variety instead.
Feel free to make changes to the rest of the ingredients. But in this recipe, we are using cashew milk, which you can easily replace with any vegan milk alternative you prefer. We are topping our overnight oats with bananas and raspberries, because they’re delicious and add a colorful touch to the mixture, but again, any fruit toppings will do.
Try the recipe at home and let us know how it goes.
Overnight Oats with Peanut Butter
- Mason Jar
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Cashew Milk (original, unsweetened)
- 3 tbsp Peanut Butter (salted, creamy) - Make sure you're using natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup (or stevia extract)
- 1/2 Medium-sized banana (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Raspberries (or other preferred berries)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- Start by mixing the rolled oats with the cashew milk in a clean mason jar. Mix it together, ensuring that the oats are evenly soaked.
- Sweeten the mixture with some maple syrup. Be careful not to overdo this part, as the other ingredients may already be sweet.
- Add in the peanut butter. We recommend the creamy variety, but you can also opt to use the chunky variety if preferred. Make sure it's natural peanut butter.
- Top the mixture with the bananas and raspberries.
- For additional flavor, add a drizzle of ground cinnamon.
- Close the mason jar properly, and refrigerate it overnight. It should be ready for a quick breakfast the next day.
If you’re thinking of prepping your overnight oats in plastic jars, mason jars, or glass sealed containers but don’t know which one is the best for you, take a look at our list for the best container for overnight oats.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!