A lot of people just can’t start their mornings properly without a cup of coffee to go with whatever breakfast they may be having. For others, it’s just coffee, and nothing else, that they start their days with.
But besides just drinking your coffee straight out of your coffee maker, there are other creative ways of drinking this energizing beverage.
In this recipe, we will show you how to make overnight oats with an additional ingredient to perk you up – coffee!
Now for some of us, coffee alone is too for our overnight oats. So for this recipe, we are also using sweetened vanilla almond milk to neutralize the taste.
The rest of the ingredients are really up to you. But we have added in some chia seeds and topped the mixture with mixed berries.
Have fun giving the simple recipe below a try!
Overnight Oats with Coffee
- Mason Jar
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk (Vanilla, sweetened, if a less strong coffee taste is preferred)
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup (or any sweetener, if more sweetness is desired)
- 3 tbsp Almond Nuts (chopped, or any fruit toppings preferred)
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Put together the rolled oats, brewed coffee, and vanilla almond milk in the mason jar. Mix properly together to ensure that the oats are soaked in the liquid properly.
- Add in the chia seeds and mix it evenly with the rest of the ingredients.
- If you want your overnight oats to be sweeter, you may add in some maple syrup. Stevia extract or other sweeteners are good too.
- Top the mixture with some chopped almonds. You may throw in other fruits or nuts of your choice too.
- Finally, add a dash of salt and some cinnamon to taste.
- Close the jar and refrigerate the mixture overnight. It should be ready for breakfast the next morning.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!