In this recipe, we will be featuring the use of cocoa powder in preparing your delicious overnight oats.
As you know, natural cocoa powder has a highly concentrated chocolate flavor, which others may find somewhat bitter. If preferred, there are sweetened varieties that you can use instead. But for this recipe, we are using the natural, unsweetened one, and will be using maple syrup to sweeten the mixture instead.
We will be using almond milk as our non-dairy milk substitute in this recipe, some peanut butter, and we will be topping the mixture with chopped bananas. You can easily change this up to your liking.
Note: When choosing the cocoa powder to use, check the label to make sure that there are no non-vegan ingredients on the list since there are varieties that contain dairy milk. Also make sure it’s unsweetened and doesn’t have anything else added. It should be simply “cocoa powder”.
Check out our simple recipe below:
Overnight Oats with Cocoa Powder
A simple and easy-to-follow recipe for overnight oats with cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk ((unsweetened))
- 3 tbsp Peanut Butter ((natural peanut butter, unsalted, creamy or chunky))
- 4 tsp Cocoa Powder ((unsweetened))
- 1/2 Medium-sized Banana ((Chopped or mashed))
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Cinnamon ((Ground))
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Start by mixing together the rolled oats and peanut butter in a clean mason jar.
- Add in the cocoa powder.
- Pour in the almond milk. Mix everything together so that the oats are evenly soaked in the rest of the liquid ingredients.
- If you want your overnight oats to be a little sweeter, add in some maple syrup.
- Top the mixture with the banana. It can be mashed or chopped for a chunkier texture.
- Add a dash of salt and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Close the jar and refrigerate it overnight. It should be ready for breakfast the next day.
Check out our list for the best container for overnight oats if you’re looking for the best container for your overnight oats recipes.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!