Chia seeds are popular for a reason. They are packed with nutrients that are extremely beneficial to your health, and very low calories. They also have a high antioxidant content, are loaded with fiber, and come packed good amount of protein. In addition, it also has a high amount of plant-based Omega-3 fatty acids. It’s no wonder then that it’s considered a superfood.
One fun way to eat Chia seeds is by mixing it in other dishes. In this recipe, we are showing how to make overnight oats with chia seeds.
The amount of chia seeds you want to use per serving really depends on you, but in this recipe, we only used a tablespoon of this superfood.
As for the base ingredients, ideally, there should be 1:1 oats to liquid ratio. We prefer the creamy texture and nutty flavor of almond milk, but feel free to use other milk substitutes.
Be creative with the toppings. You can use a combination of fruits and nuts. In this recipe, we are topping our overnight oats with chopped apples and almonds. Again, there is no hard and fast rule for the toppings.
Try our simple recipe below:
Overnight Oats with Chia Seeds
A very easy recipe for overnight oats with chia seeds.
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Almond milk ((or any vegan alternative of your choice))
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup ((or any other sweetener))
- 1 Medium-sized Apple ((chopped or grated))
- 3 tbsp Almond Nuts ((chopped))
- Start by mixing together the rolled oats and the chia seeds in a mason jar. Make sure it’s one that you have the lid to!
- Pour in the almond milk. Make sure that the rolled oats and chia seeds mixture is evenly soaked in the milk.
- Sweeten the mixture with maple syrup. Be careful not to overdo this as the rest of the ingredients can already be naturally sweet.
- Top the mixture with the chopped apples.
- Sprinkle some chopped almonds as well for a crunchier texture.
- Close the jar and refrigerate overnight. It will be good to go in the morning for you to enjoy!
Check out this list for the best container for overnight oats if you can’t decide where to make your favorite overnight oats recipes.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!