What we really love about overnight oats is that there are essentially no rules. You can have a quick look at what you have in your pantry, and chances are, there’s an ingredient or two that you can find which will complete your overnight oats recipe.
In this recipe, we will show you how to create overnight oats with an additional base ingredient: buckwheat. Just like oats, buckwheat is also a top-notch grain that is packed with both fiber and protein. What this translates to is longer hours of satisfaction. We are using almond milk for this recipe, along with some chia seeds.
We are topping our overnight oats with bananas. Feel free to add in some additional toppings like nuts, seeds, and fruits. Remember, there are essentially no rules.
Finally, we are spicing it up with some cinnamon and vanilla.
Check out our detailed recipe of overnight oats with buckwheat in below:
Overnight Oats with Buckwheat
- Mason Jar
- 1/4 cup Steel-cut Oats (rolled oats can also be used)
- 1/4 cup Buckwheat Groats
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Sea Salt (to taste)
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup (or any sweetener or your choice)
- 1 Medium-sizes Banana (Chopped or mashed)
- Start by mixing together the two base ingredients, steel-cut oats and buckwheat groat.
- Add in the chia seeds. You may close the jar and give it a good shake to ensure that all ingredients are mixed properly.
- Pour in the almond milk. You may use a spoon to make sure that all ingredients are evenly soaked in the milk.
- Sweeten the mixture with maple syrup. Adjust the amount as desired.
- Add a dash of cinnamon and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Top the overnight oats with bananas. They can be mashed, but we prefer them chopped, for a chunkier texture.
- Close the jar properly and refrigerate it overnight. It should be ready the next morning.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!