What’s great about overnight oats is the countless ways to customize it to suit every taste and preference. There are numerous ingredients to mix and match, and to make things even more exciting, there are so many fruits to top the finished product with.
In this recipe, we feature the use of blueberries as toppings for your overnight oats. It’s a known fact that blueberries, along with other berries, are a great way to start your day. Blueberries have low-calorie content, but they are high in fiber. In addition, they are packed with antioxidants that help fight various diseases.
Feel free to modify the ingredients list, but the essentials include the milk, in this case, coconut milk. We are also using peanut butter, along with the rest of the basic ingredients for overnight oats.
Here’s the simple recipe. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Overnight Oats with Blueberries
- Mason Jar
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk (unsweetened)
- 3 tbsp Peanut Butter (unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup (amount can be adjusted based on preference)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Blueberries (fresh)
- 1 tsp Salt
- Start by mixing together the rolled oats, coconut milk, and peanut butter in a mason jar. Use a spoon or a stirrer to mix it properly.
- Add in the chia seeds. They have to be evenly mixed with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Sweeten the mixture with the maple syrup. Control the amount so that you achieve the desired sweetness level.
- Add a dash of salt for a balanced taste.
- Refrigerate the mixture overnight.
- The overnight oats should be ready in the morning. Top it with fresh blueberries before eating.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!