Overnight oats are good and healthy as they are. But it can be made even more exciting with lots of options for additional base ingredients and toppings.
Apples feature prominently as toppings for this overnight oats recipe. In this recipe, we have chosen to put everything together in a mason jar and refrigerated it overnight, then added the chopped apples the next day, right before eating it, so it stays fresh. Alternatively, the apple toppings may already be refrigerated in the jar with the rest of the ingredients.
For our dairy milk substitute, we have chosen to use almond milk, although cashew, soy, and other plant-based milks are just as fine. You may sweeten your overnight oats with Stevia or maple syrup, or you may use both. Additionally, we have added some chia seeds and some cinnamon powder as a garnish.
Let us know what you think of this simple recipe:
Overnight Oats with Apples
- Mason Jar
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats (Rolled oats are preferred, but quick oats too will work just fine)
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk (Unsweetened is recommended since additional sweeteners are used)
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup or Stevia Extracts (For additional sweetness, you may use both)
- 1 Medium-sized Apples (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt (To taste)
- Throw the rolled oats, chia seeds, and almond milk together into a mason jar.
- Add in maple syrup or stevia extracts. If a sweeter overnight oats are preferred, you may use both sweeteners.
- Sprinkle some sea salt into the mixture to give the overnight oats a more balanced taste.
- Shake the jar thoroughly.
- Cover the mason jar with the lid and refrigerate it overnight.
- Your overnight oats should be ready the next morning. Right before eating it, top it with chopped apples. For extra flavor, you may throw in more fruit or nut toppings too!
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!