Overnight oats are great because they are simple and fast. Plus you can actually enjoy it without having to use dairy milk or any animal product. There is no shortage of alternative milks to use. The most common ones are almond, cashew, and soy milks. But coconut and hazelnut milks are just as good. In this recipe, we will be using almond milk. We prefer the healthier, unsweetened option, but either way is fine.
In addition to that, this recipe also uses almond butter. If you have not used almond butter yet, it is an excellent alternative to peanut butter, especially if you are allergic to the latter or avoiding legumes, since almonds are tree nuts. It is also a lot healthier than peanut butter, as it contains higher calcium, fiber, potassium, manganese, and iron content.
We are topping these overnight oats with chopped apples and dried cranberries, but this part of the recipe can easily be modified. You can choose any fruit you prefer.
Have fun trying out the recipe below:
Overnight Oats with Almond Butter
- Mason Jar
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats (Alternatively, quick oats are also fine)
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk (Unsweetened or sweetened)
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (Adjust the amount based on your preference)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Medium-sized Apple (Chopped)
- 2 tbsp Dried Cranberries
- 1 tsp Sea Salt (May no longer be necessary if almond butter is already salted)
- Put the oats and the almond milk into the mason jar.
- Add in the chia seeds and the vanilla extract next. Garnish with some cinnamon.
- Close the jar and shake it thoroughly. Alternatively, you may stir the contents instead.
- Top the mixture with the chopped apples and dried cranberries.
- Finally, add the almond butter and a sprinkle of salt. If the almond butter is already salted, the sea salt may no longer be necessary.
- Cover the jar and refrigerate it overnight. It should be ready to be eaten the next day without additional steps needed.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!