Sandwiches are a classic lunchbox staple. Think about it: what kind of lunches do you bring to work, or send your kids to school with?
They probably have all the same types of components: a snack or two, a drink, and…a sandwich. There’s something about a sandwich that just rounds out a lunch nicely.
But it seems like there are only so many ways you can make sandwiches. Eventually, you run out of ideas, and sandwiches start to seem a little boring. That’s where this recipe comes in.
This tangy and filling sandwich is here to revitalize your lunches. Just like the title says, it’s designed to fill you up, too. No more mid-afternoon snacks because your lunch left you feeling a little empty.
You’ll find tons of satisfying ingredients between the bread here, such as:
- Lettuce hearts
- Vegan sourdough bread
Of course, lunchboxes aren’t the only thing you could make this sandwich for. Try making it for a relaxing picnic, healthy snack, or a light dinner.
This tangy, delectable sandwich has a flavor that makes it perfect for the spring and summer. The lettuce hearts and tomatoes piled on top give it a refreshing coolness and crunch. And we can’t forget the avocado slices, which add a touch of smooth creaminess.
Perhaps best of all, it’s so simple to make. You won’t need to struggle for hours preparing your lunch for the next day.
To start, just slice some tofu and soak it in balsamic vinegar. While it’s soaking, drizzle some tomato slices with a mixture of olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt.
Then you brown your tofu on the stovetop while your tomatoes bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Here’s a bonus tip: toast your bread slices in the oven for the last 5 minutes. It warms up your bread and gives it an amazing crispiness!
See how easy this recipe is? It’s so simple. And the reward is truly worth the small amount of time and effort you put into making this sandwich.
We think you’ll adore this sandwich. We know we do.
If you do end up making this sandwich, we’d love to hear from you. Tell us what you think about it, because we love your feedback.
Balsamic Tofu Sandwich
- 70 gr. Tofu Block sliced
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tomatoes sliced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning Mix
- 2 tsp Mustard
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup
- 4 Bread Slices Vegan Sourdough
- 1/2 Avocado sliced
- 1 cup Lettuce Hearts
- Soak the tofu in the balsamic vinegar and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Drizzle the tomatoes with 1 tbsp. Olive Oil, 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning Mix and Salt. Place them on a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan to high heat and add 1 tbsp. Olive Oil. Add the tofu and let it brown, flip and let it brown in the other side. Add salt and Italian Seasoning Mix.
- When the tomatoes have been cooking for 20 minutes, place the bread slices in the oven.
- Mix mustard and maple syrup until smooth
- Assemble the sandwiches layering bread slices, avocado, tomatoes, lettuce hearts tofu and maple syrup and mustard sauce.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!