When you first switch to the vegan lifestyle, you might lament a lot of the foods you’re giving up. Many of the most luxurious and creamy recipes can seem out of reach because of popular ingredients like dairy products.
Alfredo pasta is an example of one of those recipes. Because of dairy that needs to go in the alfredo, you might think you’ll never be able to eat it again.
The good news is, you don’t have to cut alfredo pasta out of your life forever, and we have the recipe to prove it. Try out this recipe when you’re craving something creamy and luxurious that will make you feel like you’re sitting at an Italian restaurant.
We personally can’t get enough of this recipe, and we think you won’t be able to, either. That’s because you can describe this recipe in so many delectable ways:
- Just a smidgen of earthy
- Easy to make
There’s no reason not to try it out. Aside from being delicious and restaurant-worthy, you can throw it together incredibly fast. This isn’t a recipe you’re going to have spend hours in advance planning out.
Better yet, there’s no complicated ingredients here. There isn’t anything difficult to find, and more likely than not, you’ve already got many of these ingredients in your kitchen already.
We love the nuttiness and creaminess given to the sauce by the cashews. To top it off, the almond milk will will send the creaminess of the sauce over the moon. This could be a great recipe for picky eaters, too, because pasta is a dinner darling.
If you do end up giving this recipe a try, feel free to leave a comment below letting us know what you thought of it. We’d love to hear your feedback.
Related Article: How to Freeze Cauliflowers
This simple recipe is the perfect way to make rich, decadent alfredo pasta...and it's completely vegan!
- 2 cups Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup Cashews unsalted and not roasted
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion minced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Apple Vinegar
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cups Mushrooms sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Freshly Chopped Basil garnish to taste
- 1 lb Cappellini pasta
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Place them in a saucepan together with the cashews, apple vinegar, onion, garlic, vegetable stock and 1 cup of almond milk. Stir everything with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Cover with a lid and cook at medium heat for 20 minutes. There won't be much liquid left. Transfer everything into a high speed blender. Add the apple cider vinegar, nutmeg and ½ cup more unsweetened almond milk, as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Process until smooth. This should take about 30-60 seconds.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir mushrooms, until tender, 5 to 8 more minutes. Set aside.
- Cook the Capellini according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Pour the blended sauce into a pan and cook for a minute. Then add the cooked pasta and stir until well combined.
- Serve immediately with mushrooms and sprinkle with freshly chopped basil.