Have you been searching for the best shelf liners for kitchen cabinets to keep them organized and sparkling clean? If so, you’re in luck! We’ve found 8 great liners to choose from that will be ideal for your home.
|Image||Product||Where to Buy|
|Gorilla Grip Drawer and Shelf Liner||View on Amazon|
|Con-Tact Clear Cover Shelf Liner and Privacy Film||View on Amazon|
|Duck Brand Select Grip EasyLiner Shelf and Drawer Liner||View on Amazon|
|Con-Tact Adhesive Creative Drawer and Shelf Liner||View on Amazon|
|Plast-O-Mat Ribbed Shelf Liner||View on Amazon|
Best Kitchen Cabinet Shelf Liners
If you need a way to quickly line your cabinets without the extra hassle of cutting pieces of shelf liner to size, these from Gorilla Grip will save you a lot of time. They come pre-cut in the most common sizes for different shelves so you need only measure your shelf, and then order the right size.
This will also reduce waste because you won’t have to throw away a lot of product if you had purchased liners that needed cut. If you have a particularly unique-sized cabinet, you can simply trip the existing liner to fit it.
The open grid construction of these liners protects the bottom of your cabinets by letting them breathe so air can flow easily and moisture won’t get trapped underneath. It also helps prevent dust and dirt from accumulating over time. This means the liners will stay cleaner longer and you won’t have to remove all the contents of your cabinets over and over again to wash them.
The strong grip helps keep everything in place once you start to fill your cabinets. Even if you put this liner into a drawer, utensils and silverware will not shift around or get damaged.
- Available in a variety of colors and patterns
- Easy to cut if necessary
- Reversible and easy to clean using soap and either a cloth or sponge
- Comes with a 100% guarantee and you can return them to the company beyond the Amazon return window for a free replacement or refund
- Should not be used on vinyl, lacquered, acrylic, natural stone, porous, or refinished surfaces
- Some thought this product was better used in drawers compared to shelves
- Few user reports say that the color was not exactly as shown in the photos
This multi-purpose clear cover self-adhesive paper can be used for so much more than just lining your shelves. It’s perfect for DIY projects and protecting things in your home, from counters and cabinets to bookcases, windows, doors, and more.
The large roll can be cut to fit any size and then pressed into place to cover the wood of your cabinets. It will protect them from getting scratched or scraped once you start putting things inside like plates or cups.
You also won’t have to worry about spills damaging the wood or rotting the bottom of the cabinets because it will protect against liquids. The acid free finish won’t damage whatever it is applied to and it will easily peel off when you’re finished with it.
The semi-transparent color means you’ll hardly even know it’s there and your cupboards will look clean and organized every time you open them. It will invisibly work to take care of any cabinets so you can install it once and forget about it.
- Clean it easily by wiping it with a sponge or damp cloth to remove debris or stains
- Can be used for arts and crafts projects or apply it to windows for extra privacy
- Works great for glass cabinets that are white inside because it is clear and won’t detract from the clean lines.
- Easy to install and cut to size by following the grid on the back for an accurate measurement.
- May not stick well to older wood
- Some found that it was difficult to remove it
If you need a more durable shelf liner for your cabinets, this non-adhesive one from Duck will stand up to even the toughest items. It provides both cushion and protection so you can securely store heavy glassware in the cabinet without damaging the wood.
All you have to do to install is start by cleaning the surface and letting it dry. Then trim the liner to size and position it within the cupboard. It doesn’t stick to the wood so you can easily move it around to maneuver it into place.
Each roll comes in either 12-inch or 20-inch widths to fit even narrow drawers and cupboards. Once you fill your drawer or cabinet with objects, they will hold the liner in place so it doesn’t shift around or bunch up at the corners.
- Can be used in campers or RVs to keep things from sliding while they are in motion
- Machine washable so you can clean it if something spills or gets sticky
- Easy to cut so you can get the exact dimensions you need for any sized cabinet
- It also works well under carpets so they don’t slide on wood flooring
- Some reported that it was sliding more than they liked once they installed it
- It contains small holes so will not prevent water from leaking onto things
- A few customers thought it was too thick
Those who want more of a decorated look for their cabinets will be happy to find this beautiful shelf liner from Con-Tact. It comes in subdued colors such as blue, yellow, grey, and taupe along with patterning that is pleasing to the eye.
This liner does have a backing that has to be peeled off before you smooth it onto the surface. But this helps to guarantee that the liner won’t slip or slide. Just make sure your surface is clean and dry before applying.
The paper is waterproof so you can wipe it clean and won’t have to worry if you end up spilling something on it. Just dry any leaks and don’t worry about them seeping through and damaging the wood.
- The back has a grid so you can measure and cut to specific dimensions
- Waterproof and adhesive so it grips to flat surfaces
- Transforms drawers and cabinets into works of art
- A few users found the backing was difficult to peel off
- Several customers thought the adhesive didn’t stick strong enough.
- May not be re-usable if the adhesive wears off after the first use
This clear, ribbed shelf liner by Warp Brothers has a glossy finish to make your shelves and cabinets shine from the inside. It is made from BPA-free plastic that is waterproof and durable enough so it won’t tear when you move items across it.
It is more heavy-duty than other shelf liners and will protect drawers and cabinets from getting scratched or damaged. If it gets dirty, just pop it out and wash it with soap and water, let it dry, and then instantly re-install it in the cupboard.
Even though it doesn’t have any adhesive, it stays in place well. You can even use it in the pantry to stop heavy cans from damaging the paint on the shelves.
- Grooves allow air to circulate underneath to keep everything dry
- The ribbing provides straight lines to follow so it is easy to cut to size
- Heavy and sturdy enough to lie flat without curling up or slipping
- Stain-resistant and soft plastic will not damage glassware
- Does not have holes and is not breathable
- Some commented that it had a slight smell because it is made from plastic
Looking for a little more pizzazz to your shelf liners? Then look no further than this chevron patterned liner by The Macbeth Collection.
If the grey and navy pattern isn’t for you, select aqua or graphite instead. You can also opt for different design or mix it up and choose multiple ones for some decorative flair.
Although this paper is eye-catching, it also holds up well in cabinets and drawers. The adhesive helps it stick into place so it doesn’t slide around.
With this type of paper, installing shelf liners in all your cabinets can actually be a fun activity instead of a tiresome chore.
- Affordable and easy to install
- Makes your kitchen look like it was professionally designed
- Easy to clean by simply wiping
- Not as durable and can rip or tear if it is not securely pressed into place
- Some rolls were not as wide as the measurements indicated
All your kitchen cabinets will be vibrant and pop with color every time you open them if you opt for this shelf lining paper. The colors are bright and cheery while the patterns are simple and nice to look at without being too busy.
They even have the perfect pattern for your kitchen with fruits and vegetables printed on it in either red or green. It is made from viscose and polyester so you can toss it in the wash to clean stubborn stains or just to refresh it before using it again.
You’ll never have to wipe out shelves again because they will be protected by these durable liners. Even if something spills or gets wet, the liner will absorb most of the liquid. Don’t struggle to clean up messes, instead just wash it and lay it flat to dry before putting it back in.
- Reversible with a variety of colors and patterns
- Cushions glassware so it doesn’t chip or break
- Can also be used in the refrigerator to keep drawers and shelves dry
- Very durable and can be re-used multiple times
- It is non-adhesive and some found it did not stay in place that well
- Sometimes the edges can curl up, preventing it from laying flat
Did you know it was possible to find scented shelf and drawer liners? Scenntennials has made it possible with their line of scented drawer liners.
Although these come in sheets designed with drawers in mind, you can also put them in your kitchen cabinets to keep them smelling fresh. It’s easy for cupboards to get a musty smell because they are closed most of the time and don’t get a lot of natural light.
If you keep spices and other ingredients in cabinets, they can start to take on the smells of different things. These liners have a long-lasting scent that will have you inhaling deeply every time you reach for a plate or cup.
- Is non-toxic and safe to use at home
- Available in different scents, including rose, gardenia, and vanilla
- These liners act as a natural insect repellent so you don’t have to worry about bugs getting into your cupboards
- May be overpowering for those who are sensitive to fragrances
- Some noted that the scent does not last as long as they wanted it to
Things to Consider When Choosing the Best Shelf Liner for Kitchen Cabinets
Most cupboards and drawers have standard dimensions but some are just a bit wider or narrower than usual. Shelf liners often come in variable widths so you can select the one closest to the size you need. Manufacturers also know that they can’t make a product for everyone, so you often have to trip the liner to fit your needs.
If you can find one that fits without needing trimmed a lot, this will save time when you install it. Try to look for a size that is suitable for your shelves but can be modified if you have a few areas that need something smaller.
One of the most important things when it comes to finding a quality shelf liner is getting one that has good grip. It should grip to the cabinet itself so that it doesn’t move around when you put things in or take items out.
It should also grip whatever is stored on top of it so things don’t slip and slide around. This is vital if you plan to use it in the kitchen cabinets of your RV motor home because everything must be secured while you’re driving.
Some might want a splash of color or a bright design. Others can opt for neutrals that blend in with the color of the wood. Clear shelf liners are nearly invisible for people who think liners might clutter up the look of their cabinets.
Whatever your preference, there is a shelf liner out there for you. Just find the one that suits your style and the colors of your kitchen so it looks amazing every time you open the cupboards or drawers.
How thick your shelf liners are is a personal preference and also depends on what you’ll be storing in your cupboards. Thin, paper-like liners are great when you just want to protect the wood of your cabinets.
If you are storing heavier things like glassware, then a thicker liner that can provide some extra cushioning will protect things. When you just need something to keep the area clean, a happy medium will do just fine.
Easy to Clean
One of the reasons most people put shelf liners in their cupboards is to keep them clean. Or, at the very least, make it much easier to clean when an inevitable spill happens. So look for materials that can simply be wiped with a damp cloth or sponge.
Some liners are now machine washable for bigger messes and leaks. Others are waterproof so you don’t even have to remove them, just use a towel to dry up the leak and let it dry.
In this list you’ll be able to find a shelf liner for any need or preference. If you just choose one, you can’t go wrong with the Gorilla Grip Drawer and Shelf Liner. This is a tried and true product which is loved by many and has a great variety of sizes and colors.