Have you ever wanted to make a healthy ice cream in the Vitamix? Well, now you can!
Technically you can do this with any blender, but the tamper on the Vitamix makes it super easy. It’s one of the best blenders for smoothies & frozen fruit.
Check out this vegan starter kit
If you don’t have a tamper (like with a Blendtec or Nutribullet), you may have to add more liquid and/or readjust the ingredients between blending cycles.
Ready for the recipe? Watch the video below or keep scrolling for the printable version!
Vitamix “Chocolate Covered” Cherry & Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1.5 cups Frozen Dark Cherries
- 1.5 cups Frozen Strawberries
- 1/8 cup Unsweetened Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 3 tbps Cocoa Powder
- 1 small drop Chocolate or Hazelnut Flavor Extract (with stevia added in if preferred)
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs (optional – for topping)
- Add strawberries and cherries to the blender up to the 3 cup mark. You CAN do all strawberries or all cherries. The more strawberries you add the more tart it will be. The more cherries you add, the sweeter it will be. The one I make in the video is on the tart side, so if you prefer sweeter ice cream, do more cherries.
- Start the Vitamix on low and start tamping. Slowly turn it up to high while tamping the ingredients into the blades.
- After a minute or so, you should have a really thick fruit-based ice cream. Spoon it out and enjoy!
- If you’re using a blender without a tamper, simply blend until ingredients are no longer moving. Then, turn off the blender to adjust the ingredients. Repeat this process until a vortex is formed. After a few minutes of a Vortex, everything should be smooth.
Want to take all of the guess-work around going vegan?
Click here to check out the Vegan Starter Kit.