Autumn is finally here! While we're certainly starting to miss the warmth and extra daylight, it's great to start experimenting with some new fall flavors.
This sweet potato pesto white pizza is the perfect way to bring in the fall. Besides for the pizza dough, it's packed with whole plant based ingredients.
Yes, this includes the vegan ricotta cheese which is made from white beans, cashews, and tofu!
This recipe is quick and easy to make, especially if you opt for a pre-made pizza dough.
This is a great recipe to have fun with as once you have the sweet potato base, you can omit or add any toppings that you'd like. Enjoy!
Love Potatoes? Check Out These Sweet Potato Fry Cutters & Slicers...
In case you wanted to leave out parts of the pizza, we've separated out all of the ingredients and steps for each different element. Even though the recipe seems long because of this, don't worry!
- 1 cup room temperature water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups ivory wheat flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 tsp of bread machine yeast
- Put the white beans, cashews, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice into a blender (see our top blender picks here
- If your blender can't fully liquefy nuts, you can soak the cashews for 30 minutes to an hour beforehand.
- Once you've made a thick liquid out of all of these ingredients, it's time to add in the tofu.
- If your blender has multiple speeds, add in the tofu and blend on the lowest setting or pulse so that it doesn't liquefy.
- Alternatively, you can throw the tofu and cheese sauce into a food processor
- The final product may taste a bit bland, so add your salt, pepper, and onion powder to taste.
- You can also increase the "zing" of the cheese by adding a bit more yeast and lemon.