Autumn is finally here! While we’re certainly starting to miss the warmth and extra daylight, it’s great to start experimenting with some new fall flavors.
Thissweet potato pesto white pizzais the perfect way to bring in the fall.Besides for the pizza dough, it’s packed with whole plant based ingredients.
Yes, this includes the vegan ricotta cheese which is made from white beans, cashews, and tofu!
This recipe is quick and easy to make, especially if you opt for a pre-made pizza dough.
A slice of pizza after it was assembled and baked.
This is a great recipe to have fun with as once you have the sweet potato base, you can omit or add any toppings that you’d like.Enjoy!
Love Potatoes? Check Out These Sweet Potato Fry Cutters & Slicers…
In case you wanted to leave out parts of the pizza, we’ve separated out all of the ingredients and steps for each different element. Even though the recipe seems long because of this, don’t worry!
- 1 cup room temperature water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups ivory wheat flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 tsp of bread machine yeast
Check out this vegan starter kit
This is what the cheese looks like before the second step of blending.
- Put the white beans, cashews, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice into a blender (see ourbest blender for cashew cream picks here).
- If your blender can’t fully liquefy nuts, you can soak the cashews for 30 minutes to an hour beforehand.
- Once you’ve made a thick liquid out of all of these ingredients, it’s time to add in the tofu.Adding it in after means that the cheese will have a texture to it, like a real ricotta cheese.
- If your blender has multiple speeds, add in the tofu and blend on the lowest setting orpulse so that it doesn’t liquefy.
- Alternatively, you can throw the tofu and cheese sauce into a food processor and pulse until you get the right texture.
- The final product may taste a bit bland, so add your salt, pepper, and onion powder to taste.
- You can also increase the “zing” of the cheese by adding a bit more yeast and lemon.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!
Want to take all of the guess-work around going vegan?
Click here to check out the Vegan Starter Kit.