The first time I ate strawberries and bananas together was in the old school yogurts from the 90’s. If you were alive during that era, you’ll know what I’m talking about.
But this smoothie bowl won’t be using any artificial flavors, colors or processed sugar — it’s made of 100% whole foods. It’s also got oatmeal, making it a well rounded and satisfying breakfast.
Blended together, strawberries and bananas take on a unique flavor all their own. It’s kind of funny, but this smoothie tastes very similar to all the strawberry banana flavored products out there. I guess the flavor scientists did their jobs well.
Check out this vegan starter kit
For this recipe, I’m making this smoothie in my Nutribullet Pro 900, which does a really good job at blending frozen fruit.
That being said, it’s not an issue if you’re using a less powerful blender. You may just have to add more liquid to make it blend and drink it with a straw rather than eat it as a bowl.
Read Also: Compare Nutribullet and Magic Bullet Models
Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Smoothie Bowl in the Nutribullet
- 2 Frozen bananas (broken up into small pieces for blending)
- 1/2 cup Frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup Quick oats or rolled oats
- 2 tbsp Ground flaxseeds
- 1-2 cups Unsweetened soy milk (more or less depending on preferred thickness)
- Add all ingredients to the blender. Adding more liquid will make it easier to blend, but will make the final result less thick.
- Begin the first blending cycle. If it does not blend on the first try, stop the blender and move around ingredients in the container/jar. If using a high-end blender with tamper you can use it to push all the ingredients into the blades.
- Repeat this process until a vortex is formed and all ingredients are collapsing onto each other. If your blender seems stressed out, don’t hesitate to add more soy milk.
- If eating out of a bowl, final product should be thick as seen here. If you’ve made it too thin you can add more frozen bananas, strawberries or even a few ice cubes.
Want to take all of the guess-work around going vegan?
Click here to check out the Vegan Starter Kit.