Using the Nutribullet to blend banana ice cream isn’t as difficult as you’d think. In fact, it’s my go-to blender for making the stuff, even above my Vitamix.
All you need to do is use a little bit of non-dairy milk rather than ALL bananas.
When I blend up this frozen treat in my Nutribullet I simply add a little bit of unsweetened soy milk. If I didn’t add enough, I’ll stop the blender and add a bit more. The goal is to add JUST enough to blend but not enough to turn it into a smoothie.
Also Read: Best Blenders for Banana Ice Cream
Check out this vegan starter kit
I still want to be able to eat it with a spoon after all!
Of course, if you have a blender with a tamper you don’t need to add any liquid at all. Just tamp the ingredients into the blades until smooth.
OK – ready for the recipe?
Check out the video below, or keep scrolling for the printable step by step instructions…
- 2 Frozen Bananas (broken into pieces or cut into coins.)
- 1 Drop Vanilla Extract (Any flavor extract will work)
- 2 tbsp Cacao Nibs
- 1/8 cup Soy Milk (Add more or less as needed to blend)
- Add all of the dry ingredients to the blender and then add just a small drop of soy milk.
- Start the blending cycle and stop it as soon as the ingredients are no longer being pushed around.
- At that point, stop the Nutribullet. Take the Nutribullet blades off off and readjust the ingredients.
- Place the blades back on and repeat the process until a vortex is reached and all of the ingredients are falling into the blades.
- You can add more soy milk at any time during this process, but remember that the more you add the less thick it will be.
- If you want to get this banana ice cream to be as thick as possible you’ll have to readjust the ingredients several times without adding anymore soy milk until a vortex is formed.
Want to take all of the guess-work around going vegan?
Click here to check out the Vegan Starter Kit.