Using the Nutribullet to blend banana ice cream isn’t as difficult as you’d think. In fact, it’s my go-to blender for making the stuff, even above my Vitamix.
All you need to do is use a little bit of non-dairy milk rather than ALL bananas.
When I blend up this frozen treat in my Nutribullet I simply add a little bit of unsweetened soy milk. If I didn’t add enough, I’ll stop the blender and add a bit more. The goal is to add JUST enough to blend but not enough to turn it into a smoothie.
Also Read: Best Blenders for Banana Ice Cream
I still want to be able to eat it with a spoon after all!
Check out this vegan starter kit
Of course, if you have a blender with a tamper you don’t need to add any liquid at all. Just tamp the ingredients into the blades until smooth.
OK – ready for the recipe?
Check out the video below, or keep scrolling for the printable step by step instructions…
- 2 Frozen Bananas (broken into pieces or cut into coins.)
- 1 Drop Vanilla Extract (Any flavor extract will work)
- 2 tbsp Cacao Nibs
- 1/8 cup Soy Milk (Add more or less as needed to blend)
- Add all of the dry ingredients to the blender and then add just a small drop of soy milk.
- Start the blending cycle and stop it as soon as the ingredients are no longer being pushed around.
- At that point, stop the Nutribullet. Take the Nutribullet blades off off and readjust the ingredients.
- Place the blades back on and repeat the process until a vortex is reached and all of the ingredients are falling into the blades.
- You can add more soy milk at any time during this process, but remember that the more you add the less thick it will be.
- If you want to get this banana ice cream to be as thick as possible you’ll have to readjust the ingredients several times without adding anymore soy milk until a vortex is formed.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!
Want to take all of the guess-work around going vegan?
Click here to check out the Vegan Starter Kit.