When you think of a beet smoothie (especially one with kale in it) your first thought might be something like: “Ew, Sounds Gross!”
This smoothie, which is made out of 100% whole foods (beets, kale, cherries, banana and ginger) will absolutely blow your mind.
I challenge you to find a tastier way to eat so many servings of fruits and vegetables in one sitting.
I double-challenge you to feed it to your kids or someone that you know that HATES vegetables. There’s a good chance they’ll like it.
Check out this vegan starter kit
Related Article: How to Freeze Kale
If you’re familiar with Dr. Michael Greger’s daily dozen, this smoothie can help you check off almost half of the recommended foods all at once.
Want to learn how to make it? Watch the recipe video below or keep scrolling for the step by step instructions.
See Also: Best Blender for Acai Bowls
Beet, Kale, Cherry & Ginger Smoothie | High Carb Low Fat Vegan Recipe Made in the Nutribullet
- 1 15 oz can sliced beets (no salt added with juice)
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 frozen banana (broken into pieces or cut into coins)
- 1 cup dark frozen cherries
- 2 ginger (garlic clove sized) (peeled)
- Open the can of beets and add ~10 sliced beets to the Nutribullet (or other blender). Save the juice in the can for step 3.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and make sure the banana is broken up into small pieces.
- Pour the beet juice from the can into the blender. Save remaining beets for cooking or future smoothies.
- Blend for around 45 seconds. Adjust as necessary or use a tamper if your blender won’t form a vortex.
- Enjoy your smoothie!
Want to take all of the guess-work around going vegan?
Click here to check out the Vegan Starter Kit.