Have you ever wondered, do Ninja blenders have glass pitchers? If you have, then this article is for you.
In this piece, we will look at:
- Do ninja blenders have glass pitchers?
- What kind of plastic is the ninja blender?
- Why don’t blenders typically have glass pitchers?
- Are there any blenders with glass pitchers on the market?
- List of blenders with glass pitchers
- List of blenders with stainless steel pitchers
Table of Contents
So, Do Ninja Blenders Have Glass Pitchers?
Ninja is the only top-rated brand that still offers a glass pitcher, and it is only available with their Ninja Foodi Cold & Hot Blender.
All other blenders offered by Ninja come with BPA-free plastic pitchers.
What Kind of Plastic is the Ninja Blender?
The exact types of plastics used to make Ninja blenders are considered proprietary information. Ninja makes it known that all plastics used in their pitchers, lids, handles, and blender bodies are BPA-free.
The plastics most likely used are polycarbonate or copolyester, but other BPA-free plastics could also be utilized.
Why Don’t Blenders Typically Have Glass Pitchers?
There are several reasons high-end blenders typically don’t have glass pitchers. The chief reason being safety.
Blenders operate at very high speeds, and their blades generate a tremendous amount of impact force. Safety experts, including those at Underwriters Laboratory (UL), have expressed concerns that should a foreign object like a piece of metal or a stone find its way into a blender, a genuine danger of a glass pitcher being shattered would exist. This is in addition to the risk factor associated with a glass pitcher being dropped.
Plastics are much more resilient and impact resistant. Even if a plastic blender jug were struck with enough force to cause damage, it would probably simply crack rather than shatter.
Other drawbacks to glass blender pitchers are:
- They are heavy- This limits their use by people like the elderly or those suffering from health issues.
- Glass is expensive- Using glass jugs would significantly increase the manufacturing costs and sales price of blenders.
- Markings are difficult to see- A chief complaint with glass jugs is that the measurement markings can be difficult to distinguish.
Are There Any Blenders with Glass Pitchers on the Market?
Yes, there are still some glass blenders on the market, but other than the Ninja Foodi Cold & Hot Blender, none from companies that we could personally recommend.
List of Blenders with Glass Pitchers
While none of the top blender companies other than Ninja still offer any blenders with glass pitchers, they are available from several known brands at the lower end of the market:
- Oster – 26 models offered with glass pitchers
- Hamilton Beach – 4 glass blenders available
- Black and Decker – 15 blenders with glass jars offered
List of Blenders with Stainless Steel Pitchers
If you want to avoid plastic altogether but still want the safety of a non-glass blender, there is one option left for blender jars, that is stainless steel.
Blenders With Steel Blending Jars
- Waring Commercial BB900S
- Waring Commercial CB15
- Waring Commercial BB900S
- Robot Coupe BLIXER
- Waring One-gallon 3.75 hp food blender
Stainless Steel Blender Pitchers