Blenders are best known for making smoothies, hummus, and other cold dishes. But if you have a blender on your countertop, you might be wondering whether or not it is OK to throw hot water or other hot stuff inside of it?
So can you put hot liquids in a blender?
Quick Answer: Some blenders can handle hot liquids, but you need to be careful. If you put hot liquids such as water into a blender that does not have proper ventilation, the pressure could build-up, and the blender could explode. Do not put hot stuff in a sealed bullet blender such as a personal-sized Nutribullet or Nutri Ninja.
What Blender Can Take Hot Liquids?
There are many different blenders that can take out liquids. We put together a guide on the top blenders for hot liquids here.
But if you want a quick and dirty list – here are some fantastic hot liquids blenders.
- Nutribullet Blender Combo – This one cannot actually “heat” liquids but has a vented lid so it can handle them.
- Blendtec Total Classic Blender – Heats with friction.
- Vitamix E310 – Heats with friction.
- Vitamix Ascent – Heats with friction.
- Insta Pot Ace Blender – Has a heating mechanism.
How Do You Blend Hot Liquids?
Blending hot liquids is easy if you have a blender that can handle them. Remember, you must have a vented lid to escape the pressure. Here’s how to do it:
- Add the contents to the blender.
- Add the vented lid to the top to ensure it has an opening to escape pressure and hot air.
- Start the blender.
- If you’re using a powerful blender, it can use the blades’ friction to heat the contents. If this is the case, you may have to blend for a while.
- Some blenders now actually have a heating element that takes the place of fast-spinning blades.
It’s important to know that not all blenders that can blend hot liquids are designed to heat them. For example, the Nutribullet Blender Combo is great for blending liquids that are already hot, but it’s not that great at heating them.
In order to heat the contents of your blender, it’s ideal to have one that is super powerful such as a Vitamix or Blendtec.
Why Can’t You Put Hot Liquids in a Blender?
You can’t put hot liquids in a blender if there is no ventilation. Make sure your blender has a vented lid and a container to handle hot liquids. Do not try to put hot liquids in personal blender cups such as those commonly found on Nutribullet and Ninja products.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!