Are you searching for an easy way to make wheatgrass juice from home without having to buy an expensive juicer? Believe it or not, it’s possible to do so with a blender.
To help you find the right one, we’ve created a list of the best blenders for wheatgrass. Keep reading, and we’ll show you our favorite options.
Best Blenders for Wheatgrass
The 5200 is a fantastic example of what Vitamix blenders can bring to your kitchen. It’s powerful and remarkably versatile.
Not only will it be able to pulverize your wheat grass, but it will be able to make all kinds of recipes for you. From hot soup to creamy nut butters, this blender is capable of pretty much anything in the kitchen.
No matter what you choose to make, you’ll find that it’s blended to perfection. There are a number of factors that contribute to this delightfully smooth texture.
The special laser-cut stainless steel blades, the tamper, and even the design of the jar forcing ingredients to the center adds up to a smooth blend.
But perhaps one of the best parts comes after you’ve finished blending. You’ll be able to sit down and enjoy your concoction while the Vitamix washes itself for you.
All you need to do is add dish soap and water, then let it run for about a minute.
- It’s possible to heat your food or beverage in this blender.
- Capable of self-cleaning.
- Includes a tamper to help you make sure all ingredients get blended.
- Hardened and laser-cut blades can slice through anything.
- Can make large batches in the container.
- Protects itself from overheating with a cooling system.
- Can be expensive.
- Does not come with single-serve cups.
If the Oster Pro 1200 can handle tough foods like leafy greens and celery, you bet it can blend your wheatgrass.
One important factor that makes it such a capable blender is the way its blades are designed and how they function. With dual direction blade technology, they go back and forth instead of just in one direction, which lets food fall into them for crushing.
The blades are also 50% bigger than in previous Oster blenders. Because they can reach farther, more ingredients get caught in them and sliced up.
Additionally, if you’re looking to make a batch, this is a solid pick. Its glass jar can hold up to six cups for you to either share or store for future drinking.
- The drive is made from metal for increased durability.
- Blades are extra-large.
- Dual direction blade technology ensures smooth blends.
- Powerful 1200-watt motor.
- Comes with 3 pre-programmed settings for easy one-touch control.
- Includes a big 24-ounce cup for personal servings.
- Some customers have reported that it is not easy to find replacement parts.
This NutriBullet is fantastic for those who need a blender to make servings for just themselves. Its blending containers double as cups that you can use to store or drink from.
These cups come in different sizes depending on how much you want to drink. You can use the 24-ounce cup for an extra-large serving, or use the 18-ounce cups when you want a little less.
The cups also include lids that can be sealed. This makes it easy to screw on a lid and seal it up to keep in your fridge for a period of time.
Furthermore, the very material of the cups is designed for avid juice and smoothie drinkers. They’re made from safe BPA-free plastic that’s also durable enough to keep you sipping for a long time.
- Includes cups to blend into and drink from.
- Cups are dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning.
- Comes with sealable lids so you can transport or store beverages.
- Uses cyclonic action blending to get all the nutrients into your recipe.
- Comes with a recipe book if you need guidance.
- The containers are small, so it can’t make large batches.
- At 600 watts, the motor isn’t as powerful as with some other options.
What makes this Ninja a worthy choice is its interesting layout. While other blenders have blades nestled in the bottom of the pitcher, this one has a central column with the blades going up it.
This design means the Ninja is excellent at slicing through all types of ingredients from fruits to ice. You’ll find, as a result, that your juices or other drinks are amazingly smooth.
The massive 72-ounce pitcher is also made for creating a bunch of your recipes. If you’ve got guests or family you want to share with, this Professional Countertop Blender is worth your consideration.
Additionally, you’ll get two 16-ounce cups with to-go lids with this blender. This is perfect for whipping up enough for you and someone else before you go out for the day.
- Parts are dishwasher-safe and BPA-free.
- Powerful 1100-watt motor.
- Vertical blades to reach all your ingredients.
- Includes cups and to-go lids.
- Blades can wear out over time.
- Some customers say the higher settings can be loud.
Looking for a blender that will be the MVP in the majority of your recipes? The Blendtec Total Classic is a great pick for your kitchen team.
If you need something quick and easy to use, it comes with six different pre-programmed buttons. Each button comes with a picture on it depicting what recipes it can take care of for you.
Of course, if you need something a bit more precise than pre-programmed settings, you can use the Blendtec’s manual controls. It has ten speeds to choose from so you can get the ideal blend for each creation.
And you can also expect complete blending, no matter what you toss in. Its blades are much stronger than the standard blender blade because they’re 80% thicker.
Durability and strength isn’t all the blades are good for, though. Through friction, they can generate heat that can be used to warm up your food or drink while blending.
- Can heat up your food or drink through blade friction.
- Large pitcher to make batches that can serve 3-4 people.
- Six different pre-programmed buttons or ten different speed settings to use.
- The blades are 80% thicker for maximum durability and blending power.
- Built-in self-cleaning cycle.
- Can be expensive.
- Does not include cups.
Want to know which other blenders can be used for a range of purposes? Check out our list of the best blenders for everything.
What to Consider when Choosing a Blender for Wheatgrass
When you’re making juice, a smoothie, or anything that has kind of a leafy texture, it can get messy. Pieces can stuck under the blades or in the corners and residue can coat the inside of the pitcher.
Because blenders are inherently messy on the inside, we generally recommend doing some research on how easy it is to clean them up after use. Many have self-cleaning cycles or components that you can simply put in your dishwasher to save time.
Do you hate when you have leaves or chunks left over in your drinks? In that case, you’ll want a particularly strong blender.
Generally speaking, blenders are stronger when they have motors with more watts or horsepower. However, the design of the blades is also something worth considering.
You can look for blades that are thicker, harder, or even for vertical blades, like in some Ninja models.
It’s never a bad idea to think about how much you’ll need your blender to make. If you’re the only person who will be drinking or eating recipes made with it, then you don’t necessarily need one with a huge blending pitcher.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, if you’re looking for blender that can make batches for friends, family, or even as food prep to eat in the future, you’ll likely need one with a greater blending capacity.
Our personal favorite on this list is the Vitamix 5200. Its durable hardened blades and specially designed pitcher results in an incredibly smooth blend that will pulverize your wheatgrass every time.
However, the NutriBullet High-Speed Blender/Mixer System is another great and affordable choice. It comes with lids that can be sealed so you can store wheatgrass juice in your fridge or take it on the road with you.